Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-12-2010, 03:00 PM

Thank you!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Happymom6ny
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by Happymom6ny
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Here you go folks. It is the BESTEST soup the Hungry Girl has ever created!! It is incredible!!!

The Whole Enchilada Chicken Soup

PER SERVING (1 cup): 105 calories, 1.75g fat, 641mg sodium, 12.5g carbs, 2g fiber, 4g sugars, 11g protein -- POINTSŪ value 2*

Ingredients:
3 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 1/4 cups finely chopped celery
1/2 cup diced sweet yellow onion
3 cups green enchilada sauce
One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
10 oz. cooked boneless skinless lean chicken breast, chopped or shredded
1 cup frozen white (or yellow) corn
Optional: dash hot sauce, or more to taste
Optional toppings: shredded fat-free cheddar cheese, crushed baked tortilla chips

Directions:
In a large pot, bring broth to a low boil on the stove. Add celery and onion, and simmer for about 5 minutes, until slightly tender.

Stir in enchilada sauce and pumpkin. Once soup returns to a low boil, add chicken and corn, and mix well. Cook for an additional 3 - 5 minutes, until soup is heated throughout.

Add a dash or more hot sauce. (Or not. It's your soup.) Serve and, if you like, top with shredded cheese and/or crushed chips.

Enjoy!!!

MAKES 9 SERVINGS
I went out and got the stuff to make this yummie soup...hehe I cant wait to taste it. Thanks for sharing :)
I cannot wait to hear what you think about the soup!!

Missy
O my gosh!! The soup is so good and so filling..I LOVE IT!! I've always heard about putting pumkin into soup but even though I love pumkin I was always afraid to try it...But I love it!! Thank you so much :)

Do you have the Hungrey Girl cook book? My DD told me about it mths ago but I never got it. I was afraid if I bought it I wouldnt use it like so many other books I have for weight lose.

I'll have to do a search and see if there are free recipes and try them because if they are as good as the soup is maybe its worth buying.
I am so glad you loved the soup!! I have all of her cookbooks. They are well worth the money spent for them! She also has a website and you can sign up for her daily emails and in those she usually has at least two recipes or recipe makeovers. Plus other very informative information regarding diet and healthy eating.

If I were in your shoes I would probably buy the books used on amazon.

She does have a recipe archive on her site too if you wanna browse that as well.

One of my favorite appetizer recipes is her guacamole. It is under 200 calories and is made with some surprising ingredients. If anyone wants that recipe or any other from her let me know. I would be glad to post those recipes.

Missy
Old 11-12-2010, 03:12 PM

Here is the link to the guacamole recipe I was talking about:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chew....php?isid=2180

yummmmmooooo!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124987[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-124982.jpe  
Old 11-12-2010, 03:35 PM

Tru,
I'm glad you checked in as well. Take care
Old 11-12-2010, 05:13 PM

Tru...

I am soo glad to hear from you! I sure miss you when you are not online. Please take care of you!!

Missy
Old 11-12-2010, 05:58 PM

The pumpkin soup and the chicken alfredo both sound good.

To keep your yogurt low cal and still sweet I get greek yogurt. It's creamy and not as bitter as the other nonfat yogurts I eaten. I get the plain and add fruit or even jams and jellies to it. One cup of non-fat yogurt and a tablespoon of jelly is only about 170 calories.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Hi everyone. How is the weightloss going? I didn't weigh today instead I went to a High school football game. It was nice to get out and relax after a long week or 2. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Old 11-12-2010, 11:41 PM

I know I haven't been here much this month but been doing a lot of stuff. DH and I are painting the inside of the house. Boy does that take a lot of time when you are in your late sixty's. Just don't have the energy to do a whole day painting. Everything aches every time I sit for a few min and get up it's one big ouch.
Only good thing that has come is that I finally lost my first pound in almost 3 months. Hope this is only the first of many more.

Really glad that everyone is doing well. I just read all the posts and the attitude has improved from the first week of Nov.
I am so glad that Missy is doing better and good riddance to bad rubbish.
Tru I so hope you will be much better real soon.The time or two that I had dizzy spells they only lasted a short time, I just can't imagine how I would cope with what you are dealing with. I am keeping you in my prayers and thoughts along with Missy.
It's getting late so night and you all have a great tomorrow. I will be painting again. Ugh
Gail
Old 11-13-2010, 08:27 AM

Good Morning everyone or for me and maybe some of you Happy Sabbath. It's a beautiful morning here. We are seeing the first snow of the year up on the hills. Have a great day.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by bronald
Good Morning everyone or for me and maybe some of you Happy Sabbath. It's a beautiful morning here. We are seeing the first snow of the year up on the hills. Have a great day.
Bonnie...You have a great day too!! We have had snow in the Black Hills over the last couple of days but here it is just cold. Right now it is about 31. Brrr!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-125504.jpe