Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Weird Ebay situation

  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Florida
    Posts
    4,667
    Blog Entries
    45
    Yesterday I received an item from an ebay seller and there were two boxes, so I thought everything didn't fit into one box so they sent two. I opened the box that was heavier because I knew that box was the main one I wanted. Then I opened the second box and inside was something I did not order. I thought maybe I got a freebie for buying the other item. So I sent a message to the seller and they said, "Gee, I wondered what happened to that." We agreed that I would re-ship the item and the seller would pay me back. What a pain.


    Any other weird ebay buys out there?

  2. #2
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,113
    Blog Entries
    1
    Not from ebay, but I ordered books from another company. I received 3 that I didn't order. Another gentleman got my order and I got his LOL The company told us to keep the books and they sent out the correct ones.

    We all can make mistakes :D:D:D

  3. #3
    Super Member DebraK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    8,478
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Not from ebay, but I ordered books from another company. I received 3 that I didn't order. Another gentleman got my order and I got his LOL The company told us to keep the books and they sent out the correct ones.

    We all can make mistakes :D:D:D
    yep, it happens.

  4. #4
    Super Member luvstitches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Leroy Twp., Ohio
    Posts
    1,334
    I've gone home with extra groceries probably from the previous customer. Of course there wasn't a prime rib in there! LOL

  5. #5
    Senior Member dogpursemaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wonderfully Wet PNW
    Posts
    332
    I had an ebay seller in Australia mix my order up with another US customer. It was much cheaper for us to just ship to the other's address, and the buyer reimbursed us for the forward shipping.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Camden, Arkansas
    Posts
    215
    I buy from ebay on a regular basis, and I always check feedbacks for my sellers. You should report them to ebay. If they rip you off, they are going to do it to someone else.

  7. #7
    Super Member ptquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    5,142
    not ebay, but many years ago I received in the mail a crib quilt/baby bunting, that I never could figure out who had sent it. Return address was a pack and ship place in NY. I kept it for a long time thinking the sender would get in touch with me, but they never did. Still a mystery.

  8. #8
    PamB8s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Posts
    693
    I use to be a big Ebay Seller. Then one evening I was putting fresh sheets on my bed, tossed the quilt on top and threw my back out. To the hospital I went, surgery two days later, laid up in the hospital a few more day. I knew I had items that had sold, and morphine and business do not mix. I kept excellent records, had a form that my husband and mother in law (who had offered her help) all they had to do was fill in the blanks on the form with the buyers address. Match the number at the top of the page to the corresponding boxes that were stacked at the end of the hall. Put the address on the box and off to the post office. I came home a few days later thinking all was taken care of. I don't know if they got in my morphine or what but they sent everything to the wrong place. Took me weeks to straighten out and cost me a fortune. One lady sent me an email that read: " Thank you for the Camo Sheets, but I purchased my daughter a cute pair of Mary Janes."

  9. #9
    Super Member Stitchnripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,134
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee_2000
    I buy from ebay on a regular basis, and I always check feedbacks for my sellers. You should report them to ebay. If they rip you off, they are going to do it to someone else.
    Do you think they were trying to rip her off, or did they make a mistake? Mistakes happen.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by annthreecats
    Yesterday I received an item from an ebay seller and there were two boxes, so I thought everything didn't fit into one box so they sent two. I opened the box that was heavier because I knew that box was the main one I wanted. Then I opened the second box and inside was something I did not order. I thought maybe I got a freebie for buying the other item. So I sent a message to the seller and they said, "Gee, I wondered what happened to that." We agreed that I would re-ship the item and the seller would pay me back. What a pain.


    Any other weird ebay buys out there?


    Do NOT pay for the shipment of the items you were not to receive. The seller needs to pay for these and provide a way to do so. This is possibly a scam to get you to pay for a shipment.

    Have the seller provide payment information to his shipping company, or send the item back to him by the shipping company's acceptable method.

    I would also call the shipping company to report the situation to them. They may give you some specific direction for returning the item to the ebay seller. I would also possible report the situation to your credit card company with regards to the charges for the correct shipment received. This is to prevent the seller from adding charges through your credit card company.

    Again, DO NOT pay for shipment in error.

    Good luck with the situation.

    Pam M
    milp04--OH

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.