Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weird Sewing Project

Fri afternoon, a lady came over for her 70 year old mother with a piece of foam, 3 inches thick & 22 x 22 inches square, for me to make a big Heart for the inside lid of her coffin, yes, her coffin. When she passes away doesn't want her children to have anything lelft to do. She wants them, in lieu of buying flowers to go on the coffin, to bring one rose to put in pockets on the big Heart.

My problem is the white Satin is cut wonky on one end, so I have to figure out how to cut the size down to about 18 or 19 inches at the largest portion, but keep it as large as I can. If anyone knows where I can order a pattern, or get a free one online for a big Heart, please post the info here. Also, any suggestions appreciated. I may have to be a magician to utilize this piece of fabric to cover this project. Wish me luck.

Can't help you, but want to wish you Good Luck! That is a wierd sewing project.

I have had to make big hearts before, and I just used newspaper. Just fold in half, and cut out the heart like we were taught when we were children. that's the only way I know to do it. LOL

Banned
    oh my. that is a weird project. creepy :?

Blog Entries
    I made this a tad bigger because the heart is an applique out of EQ and I am not sure how much fabric was around the edge of the heart. It should print out so that you can tape it together.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Power Poster
    Can you get more satin to make the project easier? Or get a contrasting piece that would look nice with it?

Interesting concept! I would never have thought to do that!

Blog Entries
    Now that's what I call planning ahead. My Mom has her funeral planned to the last song. (Too bad she forgot that her daughters are somewhat unpredicatble.)

That is a weird sewing project. Good luck! :)

That tickled my funny bone lol. I would just say I can't work with sponge :lol: :lol: :lol: I would use styrofoam with the satin cover with button holes to tuck the flowers in

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast