What to eat? and when?

Old 08-14-2016, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
My favorite time of day to eat pie is in the morning. I enjoy it much more then than as a dessert.
My mom was the same way and she passed it on to me and my kids!
Old 08-15-2016, 10:14 AM

When I want to eat and I open up the fridge or the cabinet door, no matter if its morning, noon or night, or in the middle of the night, if its food it has a chance of being eaten no matter what meal it was designed for. Love pizza for breakfast and they say you should start your morning off with carbs as an energy booster and it also buffers your tummy against cafine in your coffee. We were poor growing up and were thankful no matter what we had so I guess that's where I get it from but the only concern I have is satisfying my cravings or filling my tummy
Old 08-18-2016, 04:48 PM

This is an enlightening thread. I never cared what our family wanted for breakfast. We each grabbed whatever we wanted from the fridge or pantry. Late in life, I've had to deal with health issues and a bevy of doctors. It seems that various metabolisms require different nutrients at different times of the day. As long as we are aware of the items that do not treat us well, we should eat what works best for our bodies.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:29 PM

I can pretty much eat anything anytime and I'm good. Poached eggs on toast is a favorite fast lunch or dinner for me. I do, however, heat it up. My husband has been known (more than a few times) to eat dinner leftovers for breakfast without heating them up I don't find cold hamburger patties appetizing.