Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What food did you hate as a child? >

What food did you hate as a child?

What food did you hate as a child?

Old 06-26-2012, 10:04 AM

There were several things. I remember in particular finding eggs just too disgusting to contemplate at age six. I was pretty picky, and my mom was always riding me about being too skinny. Got over it, and will now eat just about anything. It shows.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Power Poster

It is so funny how we all have different dislikes. On our birthdays the kids always got to tell mom what we wanted for dinner. One year my brother asked for lentils. I begged him to pick something else but he didn't. So I suffered through the lentils and when it came time for my birthday I asked for spinach and eggs. Guess who hated spinach more than I hated lentils. Yep, my brother and he had to eat it. PAYBACKS!

Seems like liver and onions is the forerunner of hated foods. (Not for me - I actually like it a lot)
Old 06-26-2012, 07:09 PM

I never was a picky eater at all, unlike my sister and brother who were both very picky. I ate about anything as a child and still do. The only thing I really can not stand is black licorice. Never could stand it.

I used to see my sister have to sit at the dinner table forever until she finished whatever food she did not want to eat. I guess our parents changed their ways by the time our younger brother came along. I do not remember him ever having to sit at the dinner table until he cleaned his plate. I was always the "good" child and always ate everything. Now I am paying for it as I am heavy and my "fussy eating" sister and brother are both skinny. DARN!