Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What other hobbies do you have?

I am a Quilter/Folk Artist (in that order lol), Doll maker, Knitter (intermediate, knit at night, working on a sweater for my friend), Crochet (not much anymore), Some woodworking (cutting out my ornaments to paint), I do beadwork or make jewelry sometimes as the mood strikes. I do have a collection of beautiful ceramics that I paint on sometimes. I have narrowed this down and won't be add any more hobbies...oh oh, I also sculpt doll faces now and then and have the stufff for that too....I am a scanner lol.

I raise and train service dog puppies and teach puppy obedience classes for my local obedience club. I do what I can to help raise money for the service dog program. Being with my dogs keeps me from quilting because they like to chew on fabric....

I also love to read.

How fun. I love dogs and have four shitzu. Mommy, daddy and two children. The are old now. Sixteen, thirteen twelve and nine....yes, daddy fatherd the boy when he was seven months hahahah

You name it I've tried it, If I haven't I will! Right now a quilter but have done most crafts.

I addition to quilting (which is my first love), I knit, crochet, spin wool, embroider, participate in living history events (1830-1880s), garden, and do genealogy.

Blog Entries
    Crochet, cross stitch ( not so much anymore ) , made candles. Have tried many things over the years, some stick around longer than others :wink: LOL

I have several flower gardens and spend a large amount of time in them in the summertime. I spent all day working in the gardens yesterday. We also have a veggie garden. I also love to read but do more of that in the winter time. My love of quilting and love of growing flowers is about equal.

Blog Entries
    I have/do dabbled in many crafts, but mainly quilting for now, will give fabric dyeing more time later this summer :D:D:D

I used to crochet but I can't do much of that anymore due to a shoulder problem.

I have two doll houses I collect furnishings for.

I used to do quite a bit of photography work. I am allergic to too many of the chemicals though so I had to give up B&W film and prints. Now I just use a digital camera.

I am a nail tec who sews and cooks and cleans. I love shoping on a budget. mom gave me my nick name as a joak because I shop on cinderelas budget I'm gessing she had practicaly nothing as I usualy do! I took the first nick name that ever stuck and ran with it.I also enjoy painting ceramics and help dad with carpentry thow it is probably a little diferent than what you do.This summer we put up a fence for mom's horses she has 2 and 2 ponys!soon I will be able to help ride them we got a bit for the secont horse.I also like swiming walking the mall playing with my poarch plants and I make doll clothes for naked dolls mostly barbi but also 18 in.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast