Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What are you working on or what do you want to work on? >

What are you working on or what do you want to work on?

What are you working on or what do you want to work on?

Old 12-07-2016, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

Right now I'm making American Girl doll clothes for our DGD. Just finished making bedding, as well as a small quilt for a wooden cradle we're giving her for Christmas, as well as a slightly larger quilt to wrap the doll (Samantha) in. My DDIL has asked me to make curtains for their new kitchen and bathroom as they finally finished the renovation after months of hard work. Then she also asked me to make new curtain's for Zoe's bedroom - anyone know where I can find pink cheetah fabric, that's what Zoe wants for her bedroom. Yikes. I have to start a Starry Night quilt for a friend who gave me a ton of American Girl doll items last year, her daughter no longer wanted them, and she was selling her house, a condition of their divorce, so Zoe had an amazing Christmas last year. We agreed to barter, although I think I got the better deal. After that I have several other quilts I need to finish/start, like the family reunion quilt for next July 4th family reunion, plus I agreed to help my girlfriend make quilts for the Fire Dept. for children affected by fires. There is no shortage of items on my Roundtoit List, but I also need to have my left shoulder replaced sometime next year. So far, I've been managing, however, I will not let it get as bad as my right shoulder did, which I had replaced last May. I'm not waiting until the pain gets so bad I can barely lift my arm, but hopefully it won't be as bad as the right shoulder, as I'm right handed. Thanks for sharing your projects and Merry Christmas to you as well as all the QB members.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:22 AM

FSL candle wraps for several friends and relatives.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:42 AM

I love making 4PP and kaleidoscopes so I keep buying fabrics that I think will make awesome ones. However, I never seem to get around to making them as other quilts keep jumping ahead on the list. I planned to use this winter to take a break from making comfort quilts so that I could make some of the ones on my bucket list, but so far that hasn't happened. People are not getting sick in accordance with my plans, and when it's dear friends and family, I cannot let that go by the wayside. Comfort quilts are needed so they get made.