Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What are you working on or what do you want to work on? >

What are you working on or what do you want to work on?

What are you working on or what do you want to work on?

Old 12-06-2016, 03:53 AM

Hi, quiltingshorttimer, you sound like you are happily getting things done. I understand about the memory quilts - I have a hard time trying to figure how much clothing is needed for different sizes of memory quilts. Good luck, I am sure they will come together for you and be treasured.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:06 AM

I'm really wanting to do some wool applique....I've purchased recycled wool items from Goodwill and other thrift stores, washed and dried it on hot/high and taken it apart at the seams. I just can't decide on a pattern. And that is driving me insane as I want to work on this while my husband and I watch TV at night. I'll sew and quilt during the daytime.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:53 AM

I'm working on my summer quilt right now. It's in the FMQ stage. Yesterday I got as far as I'd marked and kept working on marking it for today's session. My husband wants a special piece done for him and my cousin wants a King sized scrappy quilt, but is so fussy I don't know where to begin. Plus I've got to find some white on white fabric I've been moving here and there as well as picking out some pieces for the young lady who wants me to teach her to quilt this year. Always busy...
Old 12-06-2016, 05:33 AM

I started a bedspread for a full size mattress (all the way to the floor) of 2" HST. a YEAR ago. How far am I? Only about 2/3. Problem is....I no longer like the project, PLUS I am getting better as time goes on so the beginning pieces already sewn in are not looking decent compared to the newer ones. *sigh* I know I have to finish it....but it is a chore trying to gather the enthusiasm to do so.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:34 AM

Almost done with intense custom quilting on my grandson's Traveling Turtle quilt
Just finished quilting a Bug Jar quilt for a friend's 2 yr. old for Christmas
Just finished making a utility tote for ME for my sewing supplies
Need to quilt my DH's Christmas quilt, but need help with artistic quilting when my son arrives on the 22nd.
Need to embroider three Christmas towels before tonight's neighborhood eat-out..............yikes
Haven't decorated or done cards yet either.
I need more days in December!!!
Old 12-06-2016, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks View Post
Looking forward to seeing your blue horse wall hanging. You will show us a picture when its done, wouldn't you?
Sure!

Watson
Old 12-06-2016, 07:10 AM

I have the binding left to hand sew on a Christmas gift (really need to going on that) and I have three commitment quilts that I need to have done before the end of May 2017. I honestly have so many quilts that I want to do that it is almost paralyzing as to where to start and work keeps getting in the way of my quilting time!!!!
Old 12-06-2016, 10:51 AM

Trying hard to get some bags and table toppers done for Christmas gifts.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks View Post
Hi, quiltingshorttimer, you sound like you are happily getting things done. I understand about the memory quilts - I have a hard time trying to figure how much clothing is needed for different sizes of memory quilts. Good luck, I am sure they will come together for you and be treasured.
thanks Bobbielinks--that is always my toughest problem. Have talked her from a twin size (x3) to lap quilts which make more sense anyway. I'm figuring snowballs made from the khaki pants (corners) and plaid cowboy shirts (centers) for one; and then alternating khaki solid blocks (these are all 8" blocks) with plaid rail fence blocks on one and the third will be alternating khaki solids with plaid 9patches. All will have khaki and plaid piano keys borders (except first which will have solid khaki). All will also have several blocks that have the shirt snap pocket--special request on that. I've had them for a month and been stalling cause I was so freaked about not having enough fabric to pull this off!

hey--since you are in MO, are you aware of the Kansas City Regional Quilt Fest June 15-17? It will be huge and fun (its the 2nd one--14 local guild sponsor this ) with 70+ classes (23 teachers); 135 vendors and more on waiting list, a couple of special collections, and over 700 quilts--come on over!(plus 4 hotels around the Overland Park convention Center where it's held are offering discounts).
Old 12-06-2016, 08:38 PM

You all make me feel lazy!