Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What are you working on or what do you want to work on? >

What are you working on or what do you want to work on?

What are you working on or what do you want to work on?

Old 12-05-2016, 07:06 PM

Finished embroidering monograms on 3 gift tea towels tonite. Table runner staring at me - needs rest of hand quilting finished, then binding. It will be mine, so easy to put on back burner. I wish to get some projects cut out and bagged up to take along when we migrate south after Christmas. I've made about a dozen pairs of potholders for gifts.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:30 PM

I just finished a quilt for a woman who is the receptionist in our office building so I'm going to take a break from quilting and make a top for myself before I get back to the bed quilt for myself.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:01 AM

pick up a customer baby quilt on Wed and think that is the last customer quilt (I do have a few good friends/customers that I'd do a "last minute" one for, but hope that doesn't happen!)before Christmas. I did get two of my own quilted, binding on the one for youngest g-son done tonight, other still needs binding but it's a lap quilt so won't take that long. Still do need to make stockings for son's family--I quilted the front and just need to make up the stockings--now I need to find our stockings as a pattern! Also 3 pairs of flannel pants for Christmas presents--but they go quick. And between now and early Feb I have to put together 3 memory quilts for a customer--easy designs but I'm sweating that I won't have enough shirts/pants fabric to pull this off. but need to bake cookies also this week for several gatherings.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
My Goodness! When will you sleep?
I've reached that "no sleeping" zone in my life. To bed at 10 up at 4. LOL
Old 12-06-2016, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
This week I am working on 5 blanket wraps. They are Christmas gifts for my husband, two sons and two of the grand kids.
The wraps help with the heating bill...lol...Our son's share a house that is about 2400sq ft. And their landlord said the heating bill might run about 500 bucks a month! So instead of jacking up the thermostat they can wrap up.

Sometime next week I expect to be "down" for a few days. I am having 6 teeth pulled and my top denture put in place.
The Dentist's assistant said I would have to take it easy for a few days as not to risk getting "dry socket".
Oh my, six at one time! Wishing you a very speedy recovery!
Old 12-06-2016, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
Chasing hawk, good luck with your dental work. I hope you recover fast.
I will be working on flannel shirts for myself. I bought a nice pattern and some fabric on sale at Joann's.
Flannel shirts sound very nice. Reminds me of the time I made flannel pj's for my brother in law and his wife. Out of animal print LOL!
Old 12-06-2016, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I am almost done *piecing* my blue horse wall hanging collage and then I will get it sandwiched and ready to start the quilting.
I have all the fabric for a throw but still can't find a pattern I love and of course, I've got my queen size batik quilt that I am FMQ'ing to fall back on, should I run out of things to do. I feel like I will ALWAYS have that quilt to fall back on because it will never be done.

Watson
Looking forward to seeing your blue horse wall hanging. You will show us a picture when its done, wouldn't you?
Old 12-06-2016, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I have lots of things I'd like to be working on, but I also have a new puppy, and he is taking up all my time.
But oh what fun a puppy is.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:42 AM

Tranum, you have been busy.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I just finished a quilt for a woman who is the receptionist in our office building so I'm going to take a break from quilting and make a top for myself before I get back to the bed quilt for myself.
Isn't it wonderful to make something for ourselves! Throughout the year I work mainly on customer's quilts, but look forward to working on my own. Just a little piecing for myself now and then really keeps me inspired to work on customer's quilts. Then in December each year it is time for me and I get so excited; then when January rolls around I am anxious to get back to work on customer's quilts.