What are your plans?

Old 11-19-2010, 05:14 PM

Our three college kids will be home; DH will be cooking and the 6 of us will just be hanging out all day. Can't wait!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:18 PM

Staying home, cooking a very nontraditional dinner of Lasagna and garlic bread and a salad. and an Italian creme cake for dessert.

We very rarely travel during the holidays, besides with the major radiation scans and touchy feely pat downs at the airports, who wants to fly?
Old 11-19-2010, 05:26 PM

Staying home, my Dad & Step-mom are coming to us this year. Already have the Honeybaked Ham ordered. My DD doesn't care for turkey so I got ham for this year. Then I'll just have snacks on the counter so whenever anybody get's hungry they can eat. That way we can spend more time visiting instead of in the kitchen.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:00 PM

i will be cooking, my family is coming to my house. i'm cooking turkey and ham, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, devil eggs, stuffing, turkey gravy, pumpkin pies, coconut pie, pecan pie, chocolate pie. (makes my mouth water, drooling on keyboard)
Old 11-19-2010, 07:54 PM

Staying home. My DH actually got Thanksgiving off from work this year, so it'll be a nice holiday for us.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:32 PM

Staying home,cooking for DS and DIL and my StepSon and his family there will be 7 here for dinner around 3:00pm.Always make a big dinner "so anyone that don't have some where to have dinner or no family or nothing to prepare a dinner with" are always Welcome to come to my house to eat.Just love to be kind to the less foruate. God Bless And May Each Family Here Have a Very Blessed Thanksgiving(:)
Old 11-19-2010, 09:46 PM

Staying home and welcoming family,some from as far away as Florida and Colorado. Luckily I'm not doing all the cooking and I have lots of help getting ready. There will be up to 34 of us on Thanksgiving day. My main problem is finding enough chairs.:)
Old 11-20-2010, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by dewie45
Staying home and welcoming family,some from as far away as Florida and Colorado. Luckily I'm not doing all the cooking and I have lots of help getting ready. There will be up to 34 of us on Thanksgiving day. My main problem is finding enough chairs.:)

Milk Crates and tv trays...LOL j/k
Old 11-20-2010, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Originally Posted by dewie45

Milk Crates and tv trays...LOL j/k
You know, I think my daughter did say she would bring her TV trays. Now to find the crates. I used to have some apple crates I painted and stacked for shelving....I wonder what happened to them?:)
Old 11-20-2010, 03:24 AM

Going to my Stepson's. Do it every year. I will be making a pumpkin banana mousse tart. My fav's recipe...Barefoot Contessa.