What are your plans?

Old 11-18-2010, 11:49 PM

Cooking...cooking and more cooking! But...I love it!!
Old 11-19-2010, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Staying home, shutting the world out, but making our own T-giving dinner.
That's what DH and I will be doing this year, I plan to finish up some quilting projects while the turkey cooks. May in Jersey
Old 11-19-2010, 03:17 AM

We will be at home. DH and son hunting in the morning while i am cooking. Everyone is coming for dinner at 3:00. Should be fun and very noisy! Love the Holidays!
Old 11-19-2010, 03:35 AM

Staying home. Cooking. Relaxing. Sewing. Napping.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:34 AM

Staying home, cooking the whole meal myself but only for 4 people. Just us and one of my brothers. I cook a pretty big meal---enough to send leftovers home with John and still have some here. We have a couple of traditions like Grandpa Jello, fried corn, and lemon meringue pie. Our grandpa only had two teeth and grandma worried about him not eating enough fruit so she made red Jello with finely diced apples in it. She poured it over the apples before adding the cold water so that the heat would soften the tiny bits of apple. To make fried corn I just cook bacon until it's really crispy, remove it from the skillet, pour out some of the grease then put a couple cans of drained corn in and cook it until it starts to brown. I crumble the bacon on top of it just before serving. Unhealthy I know but that's why it's a Thanksgiving tradition---I only serve it once a year.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:43 AM

Brother and wife coming in from GA, haven't seen them in 3 years, daughter and family coming in from PA, haven't seen thin in 6 months. All eating at my parent's house, we all share cooking and then relax by the fireplace with desserts!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:03 AM

Thanks for these ideas! I printed out the mini cheeseburger cookies and will have to take them to next quilt group!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:07 AM

Traveling but it is only 15 minutes to my sister house. My sisters and brothers try to get together. Three years ago my sister and I had cancer at the same time. Now my older bother kidney is shutting down he is at 18% kidney function. We try to enjoy been with each other while we can. We are so blessed.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:20 AM

someone said about one of the dishes she makes each Thanksgiving, " Unhealthy I know but that's why it's a Thanksgiving tradition---I only serve it once a year."

We have a one like that, especially the corn casserole, not the one with the corn muffin mix. Got the recipe from an X SIL, best thing she ever did for our family, LOL!

Even though it will only be DH and I this year for Thanksgiving we'll be celebrating the Holiday again on Friday when we're at my cousin Toni's Annual Turkey Soup and Sandwich Party. She makes a huge pot of turkey soup, orders a few 6 foot sandwiches and everyone else brings sides and desserts. It begins around 4 pm and goes on until everyone leaves close to midnight. Last year there must have been about 65 people there at the same time, her children, grandchildren, sisters and their famlies, a ton of cousins, friends, neighbors and whoever happens to be at our houses for Thanksgiving. Toni is a soup nazi, only she can ladle out the soup. She also keeps whatever starch, rice or macaroni, that she has for the soup in a separate pot - that way the starch doesn't soak up all the broth as it sits on the stove nice and hot all through the party. May in Jersey
Old 11-19-2010, 07:45 AM

We go to my brothers and he does all the cooking. We bring items if we wish, but he does not require it (smile). We eat, laugh, play games and have a wonderful time. My SIL has her family over as well and it is a large fun group.