Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: worst use of sewing scissors

I want to get a new scissors-which makes me wonder where I can hide it. If I have mine laying out, it has gotten used for definately non-sewing tasks. The worst -I caught my adult daughter using it to cut branches on the lilac bushes.
    What was your worst usage?

Blog Entries
    That is worse than anything I have ever seen...

Mine always used to end up in the garage cutting wires, gaskets, whatever the guys needed to cut. I took hubby and sons shopping with me, made each of them buy me a different type of scissor and I did not pick out cheap ones either. After that, they left them alone.

I keep several pairs available and very visible on the sewing table. When someone is looking for scissors for any crazy reason, they can use them. The secret is that I don't tell them that it is ok. If I catch them with them I pretend they are using the good ones and I still make a big deal out of it, but the truth is that I couldn't care less. When I need my good ones I make sure no one is around, I get them out, use them and hide them again. I know they have been to the bathroom, the garage, even the car.

Wire puts small "nicks" in the blade making them no good for anything. Maride has a great idea you might want to try that.

I have some that were used to cut vinyl flooring. I will say though, it was not anyone in my family.

I told my hubby when I bought my Ginghers that they were not to be used by anyone but me. As the kids came along, I kept them put away but re-emphasized that they were for me only. Have never had a problem. In fact, hubby will not even get them for me!!!

My daughter was using the point to try to poke a hole in a tin can top. "But you only said not to cut paper with them"

Gave my DH all my old ones and anyothers I had, saved all the good ones for me. We made a trade off I didn't use his scrapers and he didn't go in the sewing room and use any scissors

to clean fish lol

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast