Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a Serial Lurker...

Hello, all you amazingly talented quilters! I have been admiring, envying, coveting and borrowing your beautiful ideas for over a year, but this is the first time I've had the courage to introduce myself. I'd like to consider myself a fellow quilter, but I have never exactly finished a quilt top (except for very easy rag quilts). I'm pretty much self-taught, and when I see a quilt block I love, I drop everything and struggle for days trying to figure out the best way to make it, and I end up with lots of bits and pieces of quilts, but nothing complete! So, I lurk around and stay quietly in the background of this forum...

But, no more! Today, I will confess to my lurk-y-ness and step into the light. Hello quilter world! :)))

Hello from KY!

Welcome to the board from Texas! I don't have to say you will love it here because it sounds like you already do.

Hello and welcome from the Arkansas Ozarks.
    Happy quilting.

The first step is admitting it!
    Welcome!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Indiana!

Welcome from North Florida!

Blog Entries
    Hello from Mississippi!!

QKO
    Hello and welcome to QB, from western Nevada!

Blog Entries
    Hello from Florida, Even though I have really only completed one quilt, I have several started, and even more in mind that I would like to do some day. The quilters on this board are the most encouraging, inspiring group that I know of. Their knowledge of quilting is limitless, if you need an answer they will find it for you. If you need encouraging, they will give it to you. I know none of these quilters by sight yet when you lose that beloved pet, they cry with you and help you to move on. They are happy for you when you just have to show that quilt inspector or beloved dog. They pray for you when you or your love ones are going through pain and sickness. They rejoice with you when you or a beloved one comes through an illness and recovers. They send their hearts to you when you lose a beloved one. I have not read a discouraging word about someone's quilts or quilting. I have never seen so many be so happy for their fellow quilters - be it quilting spaces, fabrics stashes, quilts,pets, homes, they take pleasure in your joy. Unseen this is the best group of people I know. They are sort of like Marines - once a Marine, always a Marine. Once a Quilter - always a Quilter, I love this board. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast