Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Finally made it from Western NY >

Finally made it from Western NY

Finally made it from Western NY

Old 01-10-2008, 06:12 AM

:thumbup: Hello from Western NY. Well I just started to post and lost the whole thing. I am not use to the laptop.

Well here goes. I am from Western NY and have been married for 16 years. We have 3 beautiful children who I miss dearly. I also miss Sophie my sweet sweet dog. She is just over 1 year old and is a mini Dachshund.

The reason I say I miss them is because my husband Dale and I are living in Buffalo at the moment at a hospital guest house while Dale undergoes Chemo. He is being treated at Roswell for Acute Myeloid Leukemia. (AML) We are now in the second phase of treatment preparing for him to get a stem cell transplant in mid to late February. We will be in Buffalo a lot over the next 3 to 5 months and so I will have nothing better to do than surf the net and sew. I am bringing my machine up next week to try to get back to working on my very first quilt that I started over a year ago.

I will post more in Chit Chat later today as to what is really the whole big deal but, I just want to say I am so happy to be here with people who seem to be just really nice people. I need people to hang with and talk to. Hope to have a great time here and finally learn to quilt once and for all. I have sewn for years on apparel but, not quilts so here we go.

L
Old 01-10-2008, 06:16 AM

WELCOME..... the door is always open... So sorry to hear about your husband. I hope all goes well.

If you need us we are always around and I must say this is the nicest bunch of people I have EVER run across.

Hope that the quilting will help you to make it through this rough patch in the road!

WELCOME
Old 01-10-2008, 07:00 AM

I hope you find comfort in your sewing as you go through this difficult time. I love to take my projects with me to waiting rooms as it helps to strike up nice conversations.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:13 AM

By all means, stick with your quilt as you go through this trial in your life. You will find a lot of comfort in every stitch and idea. It's sad to here about your husband. And the reasons you are where you are. But by keeping your hands and mind busy, during this time will aid in the strength that you need. For both you and him. And when the quilt is finished, and you look at it. You'll remeber where your strength came from and all the warm wishes and prayers that are sent your way. Lots of people here that will help guide you over the bumps. But only one set of footprints, when you need to be carried. Prayers
Old 01-10-2008, 09:48 AM

Welcome. So sorry to hear about your husband's illness. This is a great place to make friends and receive encouragement during difficult times. Stop in and chat whenever you can.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:46 PM

{{{hugs}}} It sounds like you and your husband are going through quite a lot right now. I'm glad you found this place. If you need a friend you've definitely come to the right place. I sure wish you and your husband the very best!!
~Tiffany
Old 01-10-2008, 02:31 PM

You have come to the right place, we try to be friendly and helpful, and if you need to unload please feel free to do so. We also say prayers for the loved ones of our members, so I will say one for your hubby...bless you both and welcome
Old 01-10-2008, 02:47 PM

Good to have you on board, you will love it here. Loads of help and
hugs from all. Such a good idea to bring your machine w/you to quilt.
It helps to pass the time and have fun too. Good luck to hubby, sounds
like he is in good hands. Nancy :D
Old 01-10-2008, 03:13 PM

Welcome to our family. I'm really sorry to hear about your husband. We will all keep him in our prayers. You are going to love quilting. Once you get started you can't stop. It will really help you thru this difficult time. We are all here for you so if you have any questions just pop on in and ask. Also like the others have said if you just need to talk we are here for you.
Sending big hugs from Missouri

Barb
Old 01-11-2008, 08:38 AM

Welcome! We also have a chat room if you need to talk, and a large Pictures section for inspiration.