Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New to Forum and Sewing with a Question

New to Forum and Sewing with a Question

Hello,

I've recently retired. I've had a fear of the mysteries and arts of sewing and sewing machines. My parents, wife and all have said, "Don't touch my sewing machine, it is adjusted and I don't want anyone messing with it." Many times I needed to repair something but was stigmatized against "it is adjusted, leave it alone."

Recently, I tore a boat cover and found I could buy a sewing machine, fabric, and thread for less money than a new cover or repair. I did just that and I'm hooked. I now understand, "leave it alone." Adjustments can be daunting, but, I've mastered it. I have taken the vintage collection, repair and re-home machines tangent. I've made three blankets for grandchildren to take to sporting events (they were patches sewn) but, I don't think anyone would call them quilts. I've made lounge slip covers, shoulder bags, etc. and completed practical projects until now I'm fabricating projects of no purpose. As I say, I'm hooked.

I do have a question though. Reading some threads I don't think anyone here can answer it. I have collected machines. I tell my wife this collection is only to re-home them. Which ones do I re-home? I've fallen in love with each and feel as if I'm thinking of ditching a loved one when they are ready to re-home.

Ron

Power Poster
    Welcome from Ontario, Canada. I think you can forget about re-homing them and consider yourself a machine collector. I've admitted to myself I am a fabric collector.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Dallas Tx. area. Don't re-home them yet. I walk by mine and touch them and talk to them. Not getting rid of any of them.LOL

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the QB from a fellow SHO-ME resident - Lebanon here. Can't help you on your collection/addiction - but it could turn into a money maker I am sure. I am going to St. Louis this weekend to pick up my first 301 Singer - can't wait!
    Nikki in MO

Welcome from Adrian, MI ~ You just enjoy a true working machine, I own 38 machines and yes I have named all of them and talk to all of them as well. You could set each one up for different phases of your projects

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    Welcome form Pennsylvania. Interesting how each of us arrives at our addiction.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Power Poster
    Hi from Ohio! Just admit your addicted to machines and you can't re-home them. Eventually you may if you hear of someone who needs a machine.
    SueDor

welcome from se TX
    diane

WELCOME!!! Re-home...honey you already re-homed them...when you brought them to your house!!! When the time is right for them to move on to their next place, you will know!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast