Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
210 Foods to help you lose weight >

210 Foods to help you lose weight

210 Foods to help you lose weight

Old 10-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Google Goddess

that is awesome, what are you now fixing for your meals, please share your recipe with us

Originally Posted by T-Bones mom
Thank you crafty bear. My husband got a wake up call from his dr and I have started cooking healthier and buying healthier. He has lost 18 lbs in three weeks just eating right. This list is going to help with my grocery shopping. Thank you so much. It is getting hard to fix different meals but now I have some help. You are the best.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Woodster
I've lost 32 lbs on the South Beach Diet and hubs has lost 54. (Since 3rd week in May). It employs most of the foods on this list. It's funny, that once you switch over to sweet potatoes, regular potatoes taste SO dry and bland. I never thought I'd prefer sweets to regular, but it's happened! I even have my husband eating beans, which he never would touch before. Yeah!

Dr. Oz show yesterday - pumpkin seeds bust belly fat!
Woodster, my DH and I are also on the South Beach plan. His Dr said if he didn't do something he'd better have his will ready and he's only 53! We've been on it for a month and DH has lost 25 lbs and I've lost 14. Food is tasty, spicey and we are never hungary!.... I use the South Beach Cookbook for lots of great recipes.. Keep up the good work!!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:46 AM
Power Poster

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by LoriJ
Originally Posted by Woodster
I've lost 32 lbs on the South Beach Diet and hubs has lost 54. (Since 3rd week in May). It employs most of the foods on this list. It's funny, that once you switch over to sweet potatoes, regular potatoes taste SO dry and bland. I never thought I'd prefer sweets to regular, but it's happened! I even have my husband eating beans, which he never would touch before. Yeah!

Dr. Oz show yesterday - pumpkin seeds bust belly fat!
Woodster, my DH and I are also on the South Beach plan. His Dr said if he didn't do something he'd better have his will ready and he's only 53! We've been on it for a month and DH has lost 25 lbs and I've lost 14. Food is tasty, spicey and we are never hungary!.... I use the South Beach Cookbook for lots of great recipes.. Keep up the good work!!
The first two weeks were challenging (I also gave up beer and wine and a lot of daily bread!), but now it's more of a lifestyle to eat correctly and I love it! I had lunch with my mom yesterday, and she asked, "Isn't it hard to stay on that diet?" and I said, "No". You eat right 99.9% of the time and you CAN have that piece of cake or frozen yogurt/ice cream once in a while and still lose weight!

I have discovered sugar free Fudgesicles and Werther's sugar free hard candies (I LOVE the caramel/cinnamon). Extra has all kinds of SF gum. Sweet potato fries and the frozen Ore-Ida mashed sweets are awesome (I don't add the sugar as suggested, but you could) Splenda makes a brown sugar which I have purchased, but not tried yet. We like the Dannon Light/Fit yogurt at 80 calories. Good for lunch with real fruit added, and maybe a bit of Fiber One sprinkled on top. Special K has crackers - 17 for 90 calories! Yum. Our new potato chips!!

The only drawback is - our clothes are all too big and I don't have a budget large enough to replace them!! One pair of pants and shirt at a time!!

Keep up the good eating and congrats on the weight loss!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:44 PM

Thanks CraftyBear! Awesome site!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:19 PM
np3
Power Poster

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 PM

It's a good article about the weight loss foods.
Raw veggies specially fresh fruits and vegetables are more important for the weight loss.
The best weight loss foods are apple, orange, grapefruit, berries, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, cucumber, green beans, nuts, green tea, fish, fish oil, and lemon water.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Maurice View Post
It's a good article about the weight loss foods.
Raw veggies specially fresh fruits and vegetables are more important for the weight loss.
The best weight loss foods are apple, orange, grapefruit, berries, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, cucumber, green beans, nuts, green tea, fish, fish oil, and lemon water.
Any comment?

adamprowse boot camp