Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
I Bought A Singer One Sewing Machine >

I Bought A Singer One Sewing Machine

I Bought A Singer One Sewing Machine

Old 12-02-2015, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
tessagin, you're my hero today. You said it much more eloquently than I could!

I agree. I don't think people intend to be negative, just honest, but it is a downer. Congrats on your new machine!
Old 12-02-2015, 01:39 PM

I have the same machine (except mine was the One Plus) and it does have needle down button on it. For the price, a great little machine. Does good stitches & the decorative stitches are good also. Very pleased with it. As you said, a great machine for a beginner to intermediate sewer. Enjoy your machine.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Do we really need to be so negative about some one's purchase? I paid $200.00 for my 2662 on sale and have had no problems with it. To be told it's a "throwaway" insinuates that one has purchased junk. Where many of the vintage machines on this forum were pulled out of "junk piles". Please if we can't say something nice, let's say nothing!! It's true, many items are not made like they used to make them. Many of us were not gifted with heirloom machines handed down to us. Would you like it if someone said your "new to you" beaten up , rodent pooped on, coated with mildew was a piece of junk a "throwaway"? Times have changed but let's not forget our manners.
Tessagin - thanks for posting this. We talk about "no quilt police" and then there is negativity about someones's happy purchase. I have three basic Brother machines that have been "dissed" on various sections of this board but guess what. They sew through anything, are not fussy about thread and are over 10 years old. I also have a bunch of vintage machines that I enjoy. I hope the OP has many happy hours of sewing ion her new machine.