Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AARGH!!!  Found it cheaper on Craigslist after buying one! >

AARGH!!! Found it cheaper on Craigslist after buying one!

AARGH!!! Found it cheaper on Craigslist after buying one!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:38 PM

I just traded up from a Pfaff Expression 2.0 to the Expression 4.0 and I love pfaffs. But I don't think you would have gotten the features you want with the 3.0. The reason I traded up was to get the auto scissors, and all the other quilting features the 4.o had, but the 3 and 2 didn't. And in my opinion the scissors would be a deal breaker. I think you've got a machine you'll be very happy with. Happy sewing and quilting.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Michellesews View Post
Congratulations, you are the winner! Janome beats Pfaff hands down these days. It took me two 8K mistakes to figure that one out. The old Pfaffs, made in Germany, cannot be beat. The new Pfaffs, made since the 1990's, are not very well made and have lots of problems. Janome on the other hand, it what Pfaff USED to be. I have a Pfaff 2134 and a Janome 6500, both are workhorses. I have gotten rid of two newer Pfaffs in the last 4 years, TOL models, that were junk. My main go-to machine is now a Babylock, next the Janome and the Pfaff 2134 stays packed up to go to classes. This is my experience and my opinion, if you disagree, you have a right to your opinion...some have better experiences with different machines. Personnally, if I live to be 100, I will NEVER buy another Pfaff anything.

PS: Don't you wonder why they were selling the Pfaff on Craigs list so cheaply? Because it was a piece of junk!
I am with you. I have a 1985 and a 1989 Pfaff. Love both of them . Bought a 2005 Pfaff and got rid of it 5 years later - it was falling apart. I now have a Brothers and a Janome as wll as the 2 older Pfaffs.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:10 PM

I have owned Pfaffs for 30 years, starting with the 1222E, then 1473 and then 7570.
I know that a few years ago, Singer, Pfaff, Viking and I believe Brother were bought by the same super company and they are all being made in China. Up until that time Pfaff was the only machine that had a built in walking foot (no attachments) and it was/is AWESOME for piecing. I found a Baby Loc Quest, and it said it had a built in walking foot, I bought it. Its ok, but NO WAY is it as smooth as my old Pfaffs, it doesnt pull the fabric through as nicely and it often hangs up when starting to sew. For that reason I just bought a used Pfaff (made in Germany) and that will be it for me. (sold the 7570 because I didnt use the embroidery feature at all )
Old 02-01-2013, 04:04 AM

I love my Pfaff...just sayin'. This being said, enjoy your new machine! If we all waited to see if another deal were better, somewhere in the unknown future, we'd never get anything done.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:21 AM

The auto thread cutter is something I will not do without. My old Janome 10000 (12 years old) doesn't have it, but my 875 Q Husky does, and it is my machine of choice even though the 875Q is noisy and shaky. I The larger throat slao makes your original purchase a great deal.

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
This is how I feel too. After having an auto thread cutter, I don't want to go back.