Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: accu cutter

Does anyone have a accu fabric cutter and do you like it?

My husband just bought me one for Christmas along with several dies. I cut a bunch of 2 1/2 strips as soon as I got it and am itching to try the apple core die. I really like it althought would have loved to had the money for the Studio. But I couldn't have taken that to class so it's a toss-up. If you do a lot of cutting, I think you would enjoy it.

Do I understand this correctly, the crank must be turned manually? Some of us also have finger, wrist and shoulder issues.

The concept of the accu cutter is terrific; maybe one day I will be able to try it out for a few days-do they rent it out.

I will be watching this thread too. Wondering if the prices will come down after Christmas??

What is the difference between the accu and the studio besides the size?

Quote Originally Posted by phatquilts
    Do I understand this correctly, the crank must be turned manually? Some of us also have finger, wrist and shoulder issues.

The concept of the accu cutter is terrific; maybe one day I will be able to try it out for a few days-do they rent it out.
    See if your LQS has one. Some of ours rents theirs out for your use at their store.

I love mine. You do have to manually crank it, but if you have arm or wrist issues, maybe only do a few at a time. Your cutting is cut in half if not more. I just love mine. Just bought a new die last night!

I have the Go! I love it! OurLQSrents out a Studio too, not sure what they charge?

Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC
    What is the difference between the accu and the studio besides the size?
    This question comes up often. If you go to the www.accuquilt.com website you'll see the two systems use different dies. The Studio is built for commercial use and it a permanent system. The Go is smaller and transportable. The Studio is sturdier and cuts more layers of fabric at a pass. The Go is for home use and for people that need to pack it up for travel.

I own the Studio system as I cut a LOT. There have been a gazillion threads on both the Studio and Go if you use the search feature above you can read up on them.

Blog Entries
    i have all 3 and love them the studio can cut up to 10 layers of fabrics at once the go less the baby go 1 or 2 layers

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast