Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
accu cutter >

accu cutter

accu cutter

Old 12-17-2010, 04:14 PM

When I purchased my Accuquilt Go the lady told me about the Sissix(SPELLINg?) and she said that you have to add the seam allowance.That is what stopped me purchasing it.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:19 PM

Seems like i sew one on sale for 199.00.I don't remember where.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug
Love this!!! Was the book worth it???
Originally Posted by Roseysue
In the beginning, the dies resist going thru - they do better after getting 'broken in' Also if there are too many layers of fabric, it would be more difficult. I don't know how many layers you had, but it is suggested that you start with one and go up. Don't get discouraged - you will love it before long and wonder how you did without it!
I have the GO and got the BABY for travel
Yes, the whole book has patterns using the GO Dies, so you don't have to do any converting and can enjoy full use (and appreciation) of your GO Dies used in the particular pattern. You can get the book from Accuquilt or also on line from Amazon.
If I can answer any more questions, Let me know, I'd love to.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:16 PM

In the beginning, the dies resist going thru - they do better after getting 'broken in' Also if there are too many layers of fabric, it would be more difficult. I don't know how many layers you had, but it is suggested that you start with one and go up. Don't get discouraged - you will love it before long and wonder how you did without it!
Yes, the whole book has patterns using the GO Dies, so you don't have to do any converting and can enjoy full use (and appreciation) of your GO Dies used in the particular pattern. You can get the book from Accuquilt or also on line from Amazon.
Did I miss this? What book?
Old 12-18-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pinkrose4664
I have a book, "Mix and Match Quilts with the AccuQuilt GO!" 12 Fresh Designs Using Traditional Shapes

I purchased it at the quilt shop that sold the Accuquilt ... Some really nice patterns and can all be cut with the Accuquilt. Publisher is House of White Birches and costs 14.95.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:56 PM

The instructions in Mix and Match ( the name because it is meant that you can use the mix and match set with all the patterns. I found it really easy to follow the instructions when I did the table topper.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by gingerella
Originally Posted by Pinkrose4664
I have a book, "Mix and Match Quilts with the AccuQuilt GO!" 12 Fresh Designs Using Traditional Shapes

I purchased it at the quilt shop that sold the Accuquilt ... Some really nice patterns and can all be cut with the Accuquilt. Publisher is House of White Birches and costs 14.95.
Thank you!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:06 AM

I disagree with your LQS. I absolutely love my GO, and even if the quilt I want to make is just simple strips or simple squares or whatever, I would never cut them with a rotary cutter. The GO just makes all the fabric pieces go together easier, and quicker, and I have never had to square anything up.

Originally Posted by Momof3Es
I asked my LQS if they had certain dies for this pattern and she said that it was just simple squares and rectangles and that it would be easier to do by hand? I'm not exactly sure why but ok whatever. I have wanted one since they came out!! I' waiting for the price to drop.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:16 AM

For borders, sashing, etc. you use the strip cutters. The strip cutters come in 1, 1 1/2, through 4 1/2". I use the smaller ones for sashing, bindings and borders and the biggest one for borders only. You just lay the fabric on the cutter, fan fold it until you have the length you want, and run it through the cutter. I think the strip cutters are the Meat of the GO. I use them more than any of my other cutters.
Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
I can see from the posts that most everyone loves their Go Cutters. I get why it works well for applique pieces and lots of small pieces, but I'm not sure why or how it works for borders. Can anyone explain about making borders?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:36 AM

I have the Go cutter. I like it for things like charm squares and tumblers, anything that I'm cutting a variety of. I don't use it for every quilt but it comes in handy for certain ones.