Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Accuquilt - Worth It?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi.G View Post
    No the Go is definitely not that high at amazon! I'll have to go look it up to know for certain what I paid last month for a Go package which included the cutter and several accessories, but I believe it was about $329' though an amazon third party seller.

eta: I actually paid $372, so a little more than I rmembered, or the Mix n Match set. He actual seller was Fabric Hut, and I see the price is now up to $410.
    Kristi~ thanks for the info! I must not have looked in the right place I really do want this. I have Fibromyalgia and a Lupus like disease and I don't have the strength in my left hand to hold down a ruler...not to mention the pain. I will have to keep looking!
    --------------
    "Happiness isn't having what you want, it is wanting what you have."

www.thewanderlustgirl.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Candela59 View Post
    Kristi~ thanks for the info! I must not have looked in the right place I really do want this. I have Fibromyalgia and a Lupus like disease and I don't have the strength in my left hand to hold down a ruler...not to mention the pain. I will have to keep looking!
    With your fibromylagia, you may want to play with this before you buy it . I have shoulder issues and sometimes have problems cranking the dies through.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charity-crafter View Post
    With your fibromylagia, you may want to play with this before you buy it . I have shoulder issues and sometimes have problems cranking the dies through.
    Isn't that what husbands are for?
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I have both the go and the studio and would not be able to cut without them. I especially like to take scraps and sew them all together and than take the dies and cut it up into all sorts of designs.
    clsurz

I borrowed a friends who had loads of dies. Unfortunately she did not have the die I wanted to try - the applecore. so bought this and it worked really well. Great to have - but not sure how much I would use it. Another friend has mentioned buying one together which wed night do

Blog Entries
    OK. I'm ready to buy. Would love the studio, but out of my price range right now. So ... is there anything else that is ESSENTIAL in terms of accessories? Is the 6x12 cutting mat sufficient or should I spring for the 10x10? Can I use the 6 1/2" square die with the 6x12 mat? What about a strip cutter?
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    If you want to know what size mat you need, go to the accuquilt site, locate your die and there's a bunch of info provided including which machines it works in and the size cutting mat you need.
    http://www.accuquilt.com/go-shop/die...are-6-1-2.html

According to the site, you need a 10X10 mat to cut the 6.5" square die. Same with the strip cutters, find the one you want on the website and it will tell you what size mat.

Have fun!!!!
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    If I remember correctly, you can't cut long strips with the Baby Go. I use my Go! for strips more than anything else and if you fold your material just so there is hardly any waste. Oh yes, buy extra mats cause they wear out fairly fast.
    TwandasMom

Blog Entries
    If you are the type that will use a dull rotary blade then don't get the Go. The mats have to be changed when they get 'dull'.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    If you are the type that will use a dull rotary blade then don't get the Go. The mats have to be changed when they get 'dull'.
    Mats or the dies?
    Krystyna

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast