Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I doing something wrong? >

Am I doing something wrong?

Am I doing something wrong?

Old 02-23-2011, 08:54 PM

I have to admit that I am guilty of looking and not commenting very often. And I find I look at the items that are the "most talked about" on the email I get. That restricts the posts that I look at. I posted pictures two days ago of my new quilt and I wondered why they weren't getting more responses----but then again, if I don't respond to everything I see, then I can't expect everyone to respond to my photos, either. A good lesson for all of us on the board--thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:56 PM

I don't think it is you, I have only been on here a short time, I usually get on early in the morning, I read most of the posts but don't have the time to always respond. Please, know that we are all here reading and enjoying each others work even when we are silent about it.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 PM

I would like to see your pictures, Mary. I agree with the others about timing and the amount of activity on the board. I'm sure based on what I've read so far I don't think it is personal. Virtual hug! ~Erika.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:59 PM

Hey there, how are you, I hope you realize that sometimes people just check out stuff and don't always write a comment, if you have posted pictures and no one has made a comment maybe its because your choices are so stunning that people just want to admire them and don't feel the need to comment, I think you do great work, but sometimes I just look and never write, not because I dislike peoples work, but I just don't always have the energy or desire to cmment :D
Old 02-23-2011, 09:09 PM

After I read your post I looked at all your pictures and they are lovely! I get the daily email with the link to recent posts, and I'm not sure how certain topics make the list, mine never do! By the way, I'm a special ed teacher and have worked with lots of students with autism over the last 25 years. How old is your son?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Dee

Don't feel bad. It happens to all of us. There is no ill will towards anyone on this board.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:20 PM

Hi Mary, I usually don't get on until it's very late in the evening. It's the last thing I do before I go to bed.. Because of that I don't make many comments at all.. I may or may not open a lot of the threads and/or pictures.. sometimes I'm chatty, sometimes I'm too tired.. If people even know I'm here I'd be surprised. So don't let the lack of comments get you down, it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with what's going on in the lives of the busy people who frequent this board!!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:37 PM

Here's what I've noticed.
Say you post at noon. When you first post it's on the first page - by dinner, more people have posted new stuff and your post is now on page 2. By tomorrow morning it may be on page 3 or 4. Many of the members here, go on in the evening before bed. If they're tired they might only see the first two pages and off they go. Certainly, don't take it personal.
I've seen your stuff and you do great work. Really, don't take it personal.

Look at the activity this post of yours has gotten. It's grown to 14 pages.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:41 PM

I just went in and looked at your posts. Your quilts are really nice. I don't always have time to look at all the pictures and because of time, I just admire and don't respond. I had not seen any of yours before. I especially liked Betsy's colors. I will try to respond more in the future as I can see where this would be discouraging. I haven't posted any yet, but hope to in the near future as I just finished 2 baby quilts for the newest babies in our family and hope to get them posted.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:43 PM

I was reading posts and just skipped from pate 2 to 14 so I could answer. Maybe it is how you name the topic. A catchy name could draw more lookers.