Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I doing something wrong? >

Am I doing something wrong?

Am I doing something wrong?

Old 02-23-2011, 06:31 PM

I don't comment on every post or picture, but I read and enjoy everything listed in the newsletter. I will go back and see some of your entries, and let you know what I think. Just remember that we have thousands of members, and your turn will come. Do you ask questions when you post? Everyone likes to be asked for their thoughts. Try it and see if that changes anything. We love you. {HUG}
Old 02-23-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by woody1229
Hi - I've been on this board for nearly a year, and I go on it every day, usually more than once a day, because I love looking at everyone's work and seeing what others are talking about. I respond to other peoples' posts, too, although maybe not as often as others.

But when I post a picture of my latest completed project, I have found that I get a very minimal response from the rest of the board. Most pictures get over 100 responses, many get much more than that, while mine have been averaging under 20. This has happened so many times that I am forced to wonder if there is some unwritten rule I am breaking that I don't know about. I wouldn't ask, except that it happens every time. It's starting to bug me a bit, even hurt my feelings a little.

I love this board, but I'm not really feeling the love in return. Please be honest, is it me?

Mary B.

just looked and you have had over 6000 views on this topic, soooo the drought is so over. R
Old 02-23-2011, 06:34 PM

In looking over your history I see that your average was much higher than you claim. I think that you get very good positive response. You have artistry in your sewing that some don't have. You also have personal struggles with family that we don't have. Don't give up.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:34 PM

I wouldn't take it too hard, the first time I posted I didn't get very many replies either, one page maybe thats it. your quilting is really good, much better than mine. We love ya ((((hugs))))
Old 02-23-2011, 06:38 PM

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt. I usually don't post on pictures very often. When I do it is only on the most recently posted, which aren't very many since I usually read the board once a week. That is if I have time.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:45 PM

At least you are brave enough to post. So far I haven't been. Sometimes I don't reply only because I'm being pulled away by life not because I don't want to post. Never, never give up.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:49 PM

I'm on here daily too. I only comment on a few each time. Just a matter of extra time it takes to leave the messages. Never take is personally. We are all here looking at stuff because we LOVE it all.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:49 PM

sometimes I post, sometimes I don't. It's more like when I go to post, there are already 15-20 pages of posts, all saying about the same thing. That's when I tend not to post. Sometimes, I just silently admire someone's work and keep quiet. I've had several posts that didn't even make it to the list shown, but it is always there and people post answers. You do lovely work, keep posting.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:14 PM

I look at many, many quilts & other projects on the board, but if I don't have anything different to say than other posts, I don't always write a note. Also, there are so many new ones daily that I'd be at the computer all day if I responded with a post to every quilt I think is gorgeous - & I'd rather be quilting then using a keyboard. I've posted a few pictures, & don't always get lots of responses - please don't feel badly, you're not alone.

I do find so many helpful ideas & solutions that I'll keep using this board even if no one ever comments on my work. I've just been a member for a couple months & have learned so much from all of you out there in quilt land. thank you.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:15 PM

Quite truthfully I look at the postings that are mentioned in the Konstantin - Quilted Paradise newsletter that I get everyday. I don't come to the board and look at all the new posts. I found that when I do, I spend much too much time on the computer.

So I don't see ALL the photos and messages posted everyday. Others may be missing them for the same reason.

Don't take it personally. I've had the same thing happen to me and I figured it was because of the same reason.