Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Am I doing something wrong?

Blog Entries
    I have to admit that I am guilty of looking and not commenting very often. And I find I look at the items that are the "most talked about" on the email I get. That restricts the posts that I look at. I posted pictures two days ago of my new quilt and I wondered why they weren't getting more responses----but then again, if I don't respond to everything I see, then I can't expect everyone to respond to my photos, either. A good lesson for all of us on the board--thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I don't think it is you, I have only been on here a short time, I usually get on early in the morning, I read most of the posts but don't have the time to always respond. Please, know that we are all here reading and enjoying each others work even when we are silent about it.

Akron, Ohio - Atlanta, GA - Mannheim Germany
    I would like to see your pictures, Mary. I agree with the others about timing and the amount of activity on the board. I'm sure based on what I've read so far I don't think it is personal. Virtual hug! ~Erika.

Hey there, how are you, I hope you realize that sometimes people just check out stuff and don't always write a comment, if you have posted pictures and no one has made a comment maybe its because your choices are so stunning that people just want to admire them and don't feel the need to comment, I think you do great work, but sometimes I just look and never write, not because I dislike peoples work, but I just don't always have the energy or desire to cmment :D

After I read your post I looked at all your pictures and they are lovely! I get the daily email with the link to recent posts, and I'm not sure how certain topics make the list, mine never do! By the way, I'm a special ed teacher and have worked with lots of students with autism over the last 25 years. How old is your son?

Dee
    Don't feel bad. It happens to all of us. There is no ill will towards anyone on this board.

Blog Entries
    Hi Mary, I usually don't get on until it's very late in the evening. It's the last thing I do before I go to bed.. Because of that I don't make many comments at all.. I may or may not open a lot of the threads and/or pictures.. sometimes I'm chatty, sometimes I'm too tired.. If people even know I'm here I'd be surprised. So don't let the lack of comments get you down, it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with what's going on in the lives of the busy people who frequent this board!!

Here's what I've noticed.
    Say you post at noon. When you first post it's on the first page - by dinner, more people have posted new stuff and your post is now on page 2. By tomorrow morning it may be on page 3 or 4. Many of the members here, go on in the evening before bed. If they're tired they might only see the first two pages and off they go. Certainly, don't take it personal.
    I've seen your stuff and you do great work. Really, don't take it personal.

Look at the activity this post of yours has gotten. It's grown to 14 pages.

I just went in and looked at your posts. Your quilts are really nice. I don't always have time to look at all the pictures and because of time, I just admire and don't respond. I had not seen any of yours before. I especially liked Betsy's colors. I will try to respond more in the future as I can see where this would be discouraging. I haven't posted any yet, but hope to in the near future as I just finished 2 baby quilts for the newest babies in our family and hope to get them posted.

I was reading posts and just skipped from pate 2 to 14 so I could answer. Maybe it is how you name the topic. A catchy name could draw more lookers.

I posted a picture and I got may be three respond. But it was encouraging to me. I know we don't respond all the times. But I think you should give us one more chance. I make sure I pay attention next time. I

Hi! No, it's not you! I know that I often only have a few minutes to look at the board, sometimes I'm just racing through to see as much as I can, or looking up a particular topic. I'm just not able to keep up with everything posted. I also don't always post a comment...I should but it's often another time thing...or I'm eating/drinking coffee while I'm viewing and the hands are tied up! I see beautiful work here and love seeing what everyone is doing.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mary, Go to the list of your topics which you have created. Look at the number of views. That is a very telling bit of info. There are tons of views even though there are few comments. I will admit to not always posting everytime I look at a photo or read a post. There are days that I just don't have time to post, but I want to see everything I can - and ooh & aah to myself. Please don't feel bad - it happens to all of us.

We all have days like that. Sometimes I have time to sit and read and respond and sometimes I just have a minute to look. Look at all the responses you're getting from this post!

Blog Entries
    This is a wonderful board but it is BIG.

I used to respond to every new topic each day. I just couldn't keep it up because I was spending too much time here. I have posted and received lots of responses and I have posted and got very little feedback. Once I posted a new topic in the morning and when I came back in the afternoon I couldn't find it...had to do a title search. It had moved to the 3rd. or 4th. page !!

I usually wait until my e-mail for "most recent topics on the quilting board" comes and then decide what I will look at and/or answer.

I do look at all the eye candy pics but don't often reply.

Blog Entries
    I love everything I see on this site but don't always have time to look and comment. Believe me it's not you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
    Mary, no it's not you. There are hundreds of posts that go up daily and it takes a while to read thru all of them. I am sometimes on the board for hours reading mostly, and sometimes responding. Some posts I just read and then proceed to the next post. I don't leave a comment on every post I read. It's impossible. I would never get anything done. Usually responses are plentiful when a post is first put on. As you can see, the more posts that go up, yours moves down so sometimes members may not always look too far down to read the older posts.

Please continue to post pictures and ask questions. We are all here to help each other and I am sure you will get more responses the more you post. We all love to see pictures of works in progess so slap a few of them under the pictures category along the way. Continue to read other posts and respond to them as well by leaving a comment or asking a question to that post. Good luck and welcome to the board.

Oh, and it's happened to me too.
    Ditto to Bubblegum. Sometimes I do not read these until others have been here and gone on but I know that I often just look and do not post so I do not let it bother me.

Definitely not you, especially if your quilts look like your avatar.
    I just never respond.
    I am finding I need to stop looking and actually make a quilt myself: 2 jobs, 2 kids, housework, yadda yadda.
    Please resend some of your images or link us to them somehow and don't give up! So many people and so MANY different likes and dislikes!
    Linda

Mary B.,
    So, if responses to your question are any indication, I'm thinking that for every response we get to the pictures we post, there are a minimum of 50 other folks who liked our quilts and enjoyed seeing them. My math isn't too good, but if you got 10 responses that means at least 500 people loved your quilt. QB members rock!

Quote Originally Posted by woody1229
    Hi - I've been on this board for nearly a year, and I go on it every day, usually more than once a day, because I love looking at everyone's work and seeing what others are talking about. I respond to other peoples' posts, too, although maybe not as often as others.
    But when I post a picture of my latest completed project, I have found that I get a very minimal response from the rest of the board. Most pictures get over 100 responses, many get much more than that, while mine have been averaging under 20. This has happened so many times that I am forced to wonder if there is some unwritten rule I am breaking that I don't know about. I wouldn't ask, except that it happens every time. It's starting to bug me a bit, even hurt my feelings a little.

I love this board, but I'm not really feeling the love in return. Please be honest, is it me?

Mary B.
    WHOA Mary:::: Don't take things personally...Somoe of us work everyday and are not able to get on everyday to see what you all make....I love all the work of are you all do and wish that mine would go as good. But to think we all are not looking and giving a fair response is not fair thinking. Sorry babe your wrong we are all looking at diffrent times and we all have diffrent tastes.
    I favor one thisg more than another but all is good. I may not response to it all but that does not mean that I or others don't enjoy what we see.... Hope this helps kido...♥

;-)

Yeah, my guess is it's because there are so many posts and they quickly get kinda lost in everything else and there's so much to look at. Keep posting please!! I love to look at Pictures. Type in a catchy opener such as - LOOK AT MY QUILT!! :-)

Mary, look at this from a different perspective, and I think you will feel better about it.

I checked all your postings that included pictures of your work (10 separate pictures of work), and these got from 20-70 comments each for a total of 308 comments, with an average of 31 comments per picture. I think this is good!

I also noted that you have left 180 comments on others postings (some in the main category posting, some in the pictures posting). Hey--you're getting more comments to your postings than you are leaving for others. So, put a smile on your face. You are in the loop and doing great work.

I also noted that most of the pictures you have posted are quilts or quilted projects for gifts to others. I admire you for that.

Maybe it depends on how many of us need to post in order to keep our "a regular here" status> :)

Don't despair!!! As said by others... it may be the time of day... or the category... or the title. I know that I try to reply to each posting I read... specifically so posters know their being read, looked at and appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Hi Mary,
    I respond depending on my mood. If I am very busy then I usually just look and don't respond. If I'm in a relaxed mood, then I respond on almost every picture I see. I also don't look at every picture posted. Sometimes I will only glance at 3 or 4 pics and then I don't come back on for several days and usually just look at the first page. I know that I miss a lot of pictures, but that is really all of the time I have to look on that day.

I learn a lot from every picture I see and I hope that you will continue to post your pics. Don't worry about the response, it just might be the time of day or that things are busy.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast