Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: Am I doing something wrong?

I think we all are in the same boat. Sometimes I devour everything and other times I pick and choose depending on how busy I am. It's not you or your work, its just busy busy busy. Keep posting.

I don't always comment on a post but do so enjoy looking at everything everyone is making. Some of mine have received lots of comments and others just a few, also. So I just don't let it bother me and figure there are probably lots of people looking that just might not have the time that particular day to comment.
    Please keeping posting your work.

Maybe you're placing too much importance on the validation of others? I appreciate EVERY picture I see and the work that goes into the project but just don't have the time to respond and rarely do. Be secure in the knowledge that YOU like the quilts that you've made....you don't need anyone else to tell you that they look good.

Boy, this has gone on a long time.

One thing to consider. Do you comment on every post you look at???? You can't blame folks for not commenting on your postings if you don't comment in return.

Mary, I can relate to your thoughts. I have often thought that my posts are not as important as many others are. Many times when I post, the most response I get is about 3 pages. I see some tell a joke and get 15 to 16 pages. I don't know what makes this happen, it just does. I just keep on trying. And you need to also. I have posted over 700 posts in 7 months. I don't get a chance to look at every post. And WOW, look at the number of pages you have posted in response. You go Girl

Blog Entries
    Definately not you. Sometimes I'm just to lazy or in to much of a hurry to respond. Sorry. I will try to do bettrt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woody1229
    Hi - I've been on this board for nearly a year, and I go on it every day, usually more than once a day, because I love looking at everyone's work and seeing what others are talking about. I respond to other peoples' posts, too, although maybe not as often as others.

But when I post a picture of my latest completed project, I have found that I get a very minimal response from the rest of the board. Most pictures get over 100 responses, many get much more than that, while mine have been averaging under 20. This has happened so many times that I am forced to wonder if there is some unwritten rule I am breaking that I don't know about. I wouldn't ask, except that it happens every time. It's starting to bug me a bit, even hurt my feelings a little.

I love this board, but I'm not really feeling the love in return. Please be honest, is it me?

Mary B.
    Not every time, surely! I just checked out one of yours with 5 pages of comments! Keep up the good work!

Blog Entries
    Please do not feel bad. I do post on some of the pictures I see but some I do not and it is not because I do not like them I just don't have the time some days.

You see a person sitting here and wondering. Did I say something out of turn. I like to add a note to some things but have to limit my time. I have loved the response if it helped my understanding the way of a pattern the colors.? I do not know how to post a picture. I do try to tell something I think is so pretty you just go AAHHH and it looks like one you would like to own. I enjoy the freedom of asking a question, offering a idea, telling someone that has asked which one. It is a wonderful group. I have never done this before and I guess I am still learning. I will learn the picture trick and show some of my quilts warts and all. Hang in there and learn along beside me. We are never alone. Hugs to you my friend.

Blog Entries
    don't be sad Woody. It will all work out in the end. Post some more and give a very good explanation of them. I think people are more interested in the explanation than the pictures.l

Hi - I've been on this board for nearly a year, and I go on it every day, usually more than once a day, because I love looking at everyone's work and seeing what others are talking about. I respond to other peoples' posts, too, although maybe not as often as others.

But when I post a picture of my latest completed project, I have found that I get a very minimal response from the rest of the board. Most pictures get over 100 responses, many get much more than that, while mine have been averaging under 20. This has happened so many times that I am forced to wonder if there is some unwritten rule I am breaking that I don't know about. I wouldn't ask, except that it happens every time. It's starting to bug me a bit, even hurt my feelings a little.

I love this board, but I'm not really feeling the love in return. Please be honest, is it me?

Mary B.

There is so much on the board, that I don't always comment even when I like the quilt. Part of that reason is I stay so behind on my e-mail and I know I am going to get another e-mail on other's comments. My favorite part of this board is the show and tell. I cannot remember a quilt I did not love including yours. Don't feel bad because some days I want to comment also but I know if I stop to write the comment, I won't get through all the postings.

I am relatively new to the board. I must confess that my work load the last month has left me very little time to check every topic much less respond to all. I am hoping work slows down so I can spend more time on the board. Please don't stop posting pictures though I love looking at all the pictures and am envious because I haven't finished a project in over two years.

Blog Entries
    Many of us do read and enjoy.....but have such a limited amount of time, that if we post, we do not have time to see everything that was posted. Do not feel hurt.....your posts are being read and enjoyed by HUNDREDS more than the posts you received!!

Blog Entries

Mary B.
    It's not only you, my post only get a few responses, usually only one page. Don't feel left out I think your stuff is great.

Nope you aren't doing anything wrong. Your quilt is beautiful! Good choice of colors. I am not on every day.

I wouldn't take it personally.....Maybe some like me haven't seen your post...as sometimes I am gone and it might take me awhile to go thru the days or a weeks worth of postings...or maybe some don't post on all pics...I don't post on all pics...but I am sure that it isn't done on purpose....I usually don't even look as to who is posting...I might post a response one time and not another...so keep posting because it does get read and viewed....

I look at many of the pictures, but don't usually post a response. My arms/hands hurt from too much typing, so I mostly admire in silence.

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Sometimes it just happens that way especially if there are a lot of new topics posted in a day. I have some that have very few posts but I don't worry about it. Try not to let it get to you. We love you!!
    I agree - sometimes there's just no time to post responses to all those items we wish to. Please don't get discouraged!

KLO
    Blog Entries
    Well Mary, looks like this is headed toward a record number of responses. See, it's not you! I too do not always respond to a post especially if I see that a lot of responses have already been made. Just the way it is, I suppose.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10