Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I doing something wrong?

Mary;
    the same thing happens to me, I post because I want to share and I don't reply to everyone myself.

I'm guilty of just looking at everything but never posting. Love your quilts:-)

Your quilts are beautiful and I don't always get many responses. I don't always post a comment because I would never get anything done around the house or any quilting done. Don't feel bad

20 or 30 sounds good.Have a good day. And keep up the good work.

No. I know when I am running late getting on here I don't respond.
    It is not the person or the work. I just don't have the time to
    spend on here like I want to.

Blog Entries
    I don't comment on every post or picture, but I read and enjoy everything listed in the newsletter. I will go back and see some of your entries, and let you know what I think. Just remember that we have thousands of members, and your turn will come. Do you ask questions when you post? Everyone likes to be asked for their thoughts. Try it and see if that changes anything. We love you. {HUG}

Quote Originally Posted by woody1229
    Hi - I've been on this board for nearly a year, and I go on it every day, usually more than once a day, because I love looking at everyone's work and seeing what others are talking about. I respond to other peoples' posts, too, although maybe not as often as others.

But when I post a picture of my latest completed project, I have found that I get a very minimal response from the rest of the board. Most pictures get over 100 responses, many get much more than that, while mine have been averaging under 20. This has happened so many times that I am forced to wonder if there is some unwritten rule I am breaking that I don't know about. I wouldn't ask, except that it happens every time. It's starting to bug me a bit, even hurt my feelings a little.

I love this board, but I'm not really feeling the love in return. Please be honest, is it me?

Mary B.

just looked and you have had over 6000 views on this topic, soooo the drought is so over. R

In looking over your history I see that your average was much higher than you claim. I think that you get very good positive response. You have artistry in your sewing that some don't have. You also have personal struggles with family that we don't have. Don't give up.

I wouldn't take it too hard, the first time I posted I didn't get very many replies either, one page maybe thats it. your quilting is really good, much better than mine. We love ya ((((hugs))))

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt. I usually don't post on pictures very often. When I do it is only on the most recently posted, which aren't very many since I usually read the board once a week. That is if I have time.

At least you are brave enough to post. So far I haven't been. Sometimes I don't reply only because I'm being pulled away by life not because I don't want to post. Never, never give up.

I'm on here daily too. I only comment on a few each time. Just a matter of extra time it takes to leave the messages. Never take is personally. We are all here looking at stuff because we LOVE it all.

Blog Entries
    sometimes I post, sometimes I don't. It's more like when I go to post, there are already 15-20 pages of posts, all saying about the same thing. That's when I tend not to post. Sometimes, I just silently admire someone's work and keep quiet. I've had several posts that didn't even make it to the list shown, but it is always there and people post answers. You do lovely work, keep posting.

Blog Entries
    I look at many, many quilts & other projects on the board, but if I don't have anything different to say than other posts, I don't always write a note. Also, there are so many new ones daily that I'd be at the computer all day if I responded with a post to every quilt I think is gorgeous - & I'd rather be quilting then using a keyboard. I've posted a few pictures, & don't always get lots of responses - please don't feel badly, you're not alone.

I do find so many helpful ideas & solutions that I'll keep using this board even if no one ever comments on my work. I've just been a member for a couple months & have learned so much from all of you out there in quilt land. thank you.

Quite truthfully I look at the postings that are mentioned in the Konstantin - Quilted Paradise newsletter that I get everyday. I don't come to the board and look at all the new posts. I found that when I do, I spend much too much time on the computer.

So I don't see ALL the photos and messages posted everyday. Others may be missing them for the same reason.

Don't take it personally. I've had the same thing happen to me and I figured it was because of the same reason.

not you i for one love the quilts i get to see on this site. everyone does such great work. i am usually in ahhhh. but i run out of time to comment on each one. please keep posting and don't feel bad. i haven't seen a bad quilt here yet.

Mary -

I hope this helps. I went and looked at your posts, and I only remember seeing "Betty's Colors" and your Log Cabin pillow. I liked them, but I usually only comment on something that really speaks to me, or maybe for someone who is having a tough time because of illness, conflict, or just that they are new and need encouragement. If I had seen your quilt for your friend's birthday, I would have commented on that one because I love the bright colors and loud patterns.

I also wanted to say, I understand being discouraged by a lack of comments. None of the quilts my wife and I have made are going to win a ribbon in the county fair, but we enjoy making them, and we are proud that we have improved as much as we have. We all enjoy the affirmation on this board, so I just take encouragement from the people who do comment.

Enjoy your quilting!

Darren

I have been on this for a while and check it everyday, and I JUST HAVE LOOKED AT YOUR PICTURES, have never seen them, probably the amount of post that day

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    I know the feeling ...... I went to the Oklahoma City quilt show and posted pics and they made it to the picture section of the the board .... this past weekend went to the local Quilt show and posted pictures and they got 30something responses and didn't make the picture section at all .... seems like the ones posted on the emails get the most comments.... I just thought someone didn't think a small local show would get the same amount of responses so it didn't get put up .... the quilts at the local show were just as good as the big one but more traditional and not all art quilts but the were excellent work ..... so what does determine if things get on the page sent out ???

To be honest --- I don't look at the picture section very often. It is too distracting for me ----- it makes me want to start new projects all the time and I can't get anything finished!

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    P.S. I just went and looked at your pics and topics you made beautiful quilts ......

Quote Originally Posted by woody1229
    Hi - I've been on this board for nearly a year, and I go on it every day, usually more than once a day, because I love looking at everyone's work and seeing what others are talking about. I respond to other peoples' posts, too, although maybe not as often as others.

But when I post a picture of my latest completed project, I have found that I get a very minimal response from the rest of the board. Most pictures get over 100 responses, many get much more than that, while mine have been averaging under 20. This has happened so many times that I am forced to wonder if there is some unwritten rule I am breaking that I don't know about. I wouldn't ask, except that it happens every time. It's starting to bug me a bit, even hurt my feelings a little.

I love this board, but I'm not really feeling the love in return. Please be honest, is it me?

Mary B.

I am a newby, recently joined, so I might not have seen your work,
    but long ago I was a professional photographer...
    Maybe it is the quality of the photos? Are they dark?
    Do you take them outdoors on a bright day? That makes the colors realistically brighter.
    Can you hang them off a deck or balcony?
    Then take the picture in cloudy bright conditions, because sometimes too bright sunlight makes the quilts look washed out.
    Do you include closeups?...interesting details?
    I have seen some photos that look fuzzy because somebody forgot to clean the lens.
    Remember to focus the lens on the camera, unless you have an auto focus, which is a godsend!
    Hold your breath while you click to keep away that sneaky motion blurryness.
    ....and think about this...ask a question or opinion.
    To make you feel better,
    one of the longest responses lately was about two ladies in a can!
    J

Power Poster
    Don't take it personally. A lot of quilters also work full time and have little time to quilt and take care of other necessities of living let alone respond to all the posts on the board. Quilt for your own enjoyment and creativity and appreciate it when people give you recognition for your quilts but don't let the lack of recognition upset your emotions.

Yes, don't feel bad. I love this site but it isn't easy to catch up on the latest posts as it is in such places as PatternReview. I haven't found a way to not miss a lot of what is happening. It is time of day and also, I think that some of the people are more comfortable commenting on those who they know rather than newcomers- not that they don't support you or like your work but time is very limited for most people so they may choose to focus on topics from those they know and either bypass or not comment on others. My thoughts.

:thumbup:(I must agree with JoanneS.) Dont take it to heart. I have seen your quilts very lovely. I read the board before I go to bed. Dont always make it to all the posts. Some of us old boarders just read all the newer post fresh ideas.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast