Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only 1 who hates binding?

Am I the only one who doesn't like to bind? Maybe, it's b/c I'm doing it all wrong or something. I presently have 4 quilts that only need to be bind, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it.
    Any get in the mood to bind advice out there?

Sorry I can't help you. Binding is my favorite part, I think, because I know the quilt is almost finished.

I saw a really good video on binding quilt, that someone else posted last wee - it was done by a professional quilter. I didn't like all her professional techniques, but I did get a few good ones out of it, and tried them this weekend. It made my binding go so much easier and quicker. I think there is 2 or 3 parts to it...was very interesting to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PE0Yq9iGlc

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I like to bind. It gives me something to do while watching TV, taking lunch breaks and shorter breaks at work. I take the wall hangings and smaller quilts to work with me at that stage to work on.

I agree, plus it's something I can do at night while I'm watching tv with dh, anything else quilting related I do off in my own quilting room.
    Quote Originally Posted by cherylynne
    Sorry I can't help you. Binding is my favorite part, I think, because I know the quilt is almost finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Country1
    Am I the only one who doesn't like to bind? Maybe, it's b/c I'm doing it all wrong or something. I presently have 4 quilts that only need to be bind, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it.
    Any get in the mood to bind advice out there?
    I've heard several people say they hate doing binding. I actually love it. Maybe I will go into business for myself, just doing binding for others...LOL. I actually wouldnt mind it.

I don't like binding either. I tend to mess it up when I sew it on. The more I do it, the better it looks but still I'd much rather not do it.

I'm thinking about doing the pillowcase method on my next kids quilt and see if that looks ok.

I also look forward to the binding. It means I will finally have finished off another UFO, WIP, ugly or major thorn in my side project. I can move on to tackle another challenge, or start something new and fresh that has been gnawing a hole in my brain. Choose the binding method that is the simplest for you to complete. Heck with mitered corners! Just bind the sides, then bind the top and bottoms. I have never had anyone that chastised me because I did not miter.

Blog Entries
    it's like the GRAND FINALE, you know it's almost done & it's just around the corner!

Blog Entries
    There are quilters that charge a fee for binding your quilts....

I know, I think it's mainly procrastination/or distraction...sometimes I put it off for a couple of days and then I commit myself to finishing my project, sort of like a discipline effort.
    The quilt isn't a quilt, til the binding gets done.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast