Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one...?

Surely I'm not the only one to make a quilt for a pet. I have made lots of quilts for grandkids but I have one unmarried dau who has a golden retriever. It was sort of a joke. She complained that her sisters all had quilts because they had kids and she felt left out so I made a 45x45 quilt for her dog. Every a.m. she spreads the quilt out over the dog's bed and every nite the dog remakes the bed. She digs the quilt up into a pile and when the pile is to her liking she lies down with her head on the pile of quilt. Now if THAT isn't appreciation, I don't know what is! LOL
    P.S My dogs don't have quilts. They use mine which is on my bed!

Welcome to the board from Southern California.

No, you are not the only one. I have not made one for my dogs but there are many on here who have made them for their pets.

Blog Entries
    When one of our cats died, I made one for the casket my hubby made for her. Our other cat had many "cat mats" as I like to call them. The animals love them and we people love that they can dirty that up and then just throw it in the washer!

Welcome to the board. :)

I am glad you made one for a dog. After all Dogs are part of the family too. Why should they be left out. However I hope you used thick fabric otherwise you might be making another soon. :-D

Blog Entries
    I made quilts for each of my two rescue cats, but they only use them when I'm in the same room with them. When I go to bed, so do they, right beside me in bed.
    Should I go to the bathroom, both of them hurry in front of me so that I don't get lost!!

Check out my current avitar here. That's Ranger on his new quilt, when we first brought him home. In the pic I am posting are quilts for the other two. One with purple is for our old lady Beagle, Katie, then the one with red is for my pup, Harley, & yes, they love their quilts & know who's is who's. It was fun making them too, lol....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well of course I make quilts for my Great Grand Doggie. She is a choclate lab and was the ring bearer at my Grand Daughters wedding. She did so well. I made her a neck scarf and embroidered her name on it. She took it out of the box and drug it around the house until it is now a piece of fringe. Love all my Grand doggies and Grand kitties.

I don't have dogs but that is sweet! :XD: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    My son's dog used to lay on his bed with his head on the pillow and his paws all curled up like a little kid. He was a huge German Shephard. It was too funny!

I would, but two of my dogs would just chew them to bits anyway. Instead, the BEST thing in the world to them is a bowtucks handle. I make long ones just for them and they drag them EVERYWHERE!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast