Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one...? >

Am I the only one...?

Am I the only one...?

Old 01-08-2011, 05:34 AM

[quote=GrannieAnnie]
Originally Posted by raedar63
My soon to be 22 son moved out at christmas time, he has been missing his pets so much but we felt the cat was too set in his ways and no way was he taking my babies(my two dogs) Well tonight He became the proud parent of two 6 month old cats, he is so happy he has sent pics via text several times in the hour since I had been home. And I just spent two hours at his house when I dropped them off! Guess they are my new grand kitties lol, guess I better make them some kitty quilts,he already asked me to make them some toys lol.[/quot

Names??????????? The black and white one looks like he/she will be the stinker of the pair!
He named them crowebar and fuzz. The lady that rescued them owns and runs a bar called the crowebar (sounds like crow bar) in a near by little town , She is a great person to take in nine kittens and raise them till they were old enough to be spayed and neutered and then got that taken care of herself and kept them till they got good homes.

And yes the black and white one sniffed around a few minutes and then began purring and looking for what he could get into.While my son was sitting on the floor starting his wood stove crowebar (the black and white) started sneaking up on him attacking him. It made his day that he was gonna be fiesty.lol
Old 01-08-2011, 05:57 AM

I didn't start out to make quilts for dogs but I made my brother-in-law and his wife quilts for Christmas one year - which they raved over. The next time I visited them they were happy to tell me that the quilts were being put to good use and that their dogs love them.

Also, when I make a baby quilt, if there's a pooch in the house, I make a small checkerboard one out of the colors in the baby quilt for the mom to put in with her newborn for the first day Then the little quilt comes home so the dog can get the scent of the baby. That little quilt then becomes the dog's.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by anicra
I didn't start out to make quilts for dogs but I made my brother-in-law and his wife quilts for Christmas one year - which they raved over. The next time I visited them they were happy to tell me that the quilts were being put to good use and that their dogs love them.

Also, when I make a baby quilt, if there's a pooch in the house, I make a small checkerboard one out of the colors in the baby quilt for the mom to put in with her newborn for the first day Then the little quilt comes home so the dog can get the scent of the baby. That little quilt then becomes the dog's.
very clever
Old 01-08-2011, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by redeagle
Originally Posted by anicra
very clever
That's a fabulous idea.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by redeagle
Surely I'm not the only one to make a quilt for a pet. I have made lots of quilts for grandkids but I have one unmarried dau who has a golden retriever. It was sort of a joke. She complained that her sisters all had quilts because they had kids and she felt left out so I made a 45x45 quilt for her dog. Every a.m. she spreads the quilt out over the dog's bed and every nite the dog remakes the bed. She digs the quilt up into a pile and when the pile is to her liking she lies down with her head on the pile of quilt. Now if THAT isn't appreciation, I don't know what is! LOL
P.S My dogs don't have quilts. They use mine which is on my bed!
My cats don't have their own quilt but I made them each a quilted cushion after shooing them off a stack of finished quilts several times.Now Lilly and Loki are perfectly happy with their cushions and leave my quilts alone.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:48 AM

You're a GOOD dog gramma. I have the sweetest granddog, Jimmy the wonder dog, and I make him special pilowcases and home made organic cookies. I think your granddog needs a matching pillow for her quilt. Again, you are a good gramma!!! :thumbup:
Old 01-08-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by JulieR
I would, but two of my dogs would just chew them to bits anyway. Instead, the BEST thing in the world to them is a bowtucks handle. I make long ones just for them and they drag them EVERYWHERE!
What's a "bowtuck handle"?
Old 01-08-2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
You're a GOOD dog gramma. I have the sweetest granddog, Jimmy the wonder dog, and I make him special pilowcases and home made organic cookies. I think your granddog needs a matching pillow for her quilt. Again, you are a good gramma!!! :thumbup:
Oh Dear! Just read about the "big shot". I am so sorry. Now you have an angel dog who has gone over the rainbow bridge. Keep your memories close to your heart.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:35 PM

We use left over fleece from other projects to make our dogs their own blankets. They love them.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:21 PM

LOL! I can picture it now. I love it!