Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else quilting this weekend? >

Anyone else quilting this weekend?

Anyone else quilting this weekend?

Old 05-24-2014, 09:33 AM

I just finished one top last night! Cutting out fabric for my next two quits today and am planning to get lots of sewing done this weekend!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:17 AM

Love your quilt! What a great job you did of covering the sewing machine case! Sorry the weather is bad there. Your quilt and seeing machine case should brighten your day. The cover is so cheerful! Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:33 AM

Oh I hope so. It was such a nice morning that I couldn't resist trimming some plants outside but it's already warming up so I'm coming inside (being a redhead I can't take much sun & the pool is still too cold for swimming). My biggest problem is I've got 4 quilts in the works that I'm not excited to work on. I'd rather start a jelly roll race quilt. Hmmm, is it unreasonable to start ANOTHER quilt before I've finished any of these? I really do finish them all eventually LoL.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:51 AM

Just finished the sewing on my Cleveland Browns Baby Rag Quilt. Just needs the seams snipped and then off to the laundromat for a good washing hopefully either tomorrow or Monday morning.

Finished 3 projects this week!! Seems like my mojo is back in full swing . Next up is my Dr. Seuss baby quilt to get some practice with piecing and actually QUILTING something. Taking full advantage if the three day weekend with only a couple of obligations. Have absolutely NO plans for Monday other than spending the day in my craft room
Old 05-24-2014, 01:09 PM

My project this weekend is to finish cutting out 20 sets of 50 2 1/2" candy blocks for a swap. I have 41 of the blocks cut out. Just need 9-15 more to go. I decided to use my personal stash verse buying new fabric. It's a slow process b/c I get side tracked remembering when and where I used the different pieces of fabric. The sad thing, it hasn't made a dent in my stash pile. After I get this ready to mail, I will start quilting a quilt, I have been staring at on my long arm for the last 4 months. I get to work Monday, so that ends my quilting/sewing for this week. Yea for me. LoL. I hope everyone has a good weekend!!!!!!!!!!! And happy sewing!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2014, 01:17 PM

Nah, no quilt sewing. Bummer. We worked on reframing hubby's military certificates (9 of 'em) today. It's been a work in progress for two weeks. Tomorrow is church and with temps close to 100, maybe tomorrow afternoon will see me in the sewing room. We'll go to a program for Memorial Day on Monday. If it's not too hot outside.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:20 PM

I am working outside putting in all my pretty flowers. But one the sun goes down I am hoping to get some sewing done. I have a commission quilt I am working on and I hope to make a big dent in it this evening by sewing some of the rows together. I also have my Mystery Train #6 table topper and a table runner ready to on the quilter.

Oh well enough of a break, back to planting.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:32 PM

I'm working on a scrappy Aunt Grace snowball block quilt--totally cute, but taking forever because eight rows into it, it only measures 36 inches (blocks are only 4 1/2 inches square). Why do I do this to myself?? Because it really is totally cute!

Happy memorial weekend!
Old 05-24-2014, 02:29 PM

Gardened this morning and spent the afternoon working on the "Stain Glass" from the Block and this evening will continue on hand binding the "Star Flowers" that I just got back from my long arm quilter last Wednesday. And cooking out on the grill. Love being retired.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:40 PM

Well, I finished one quilt and quilted a second. It just needs to be bound which I'll do tomorrow afternoon. I think I might sandwich another quilt tonight if I get my grocery list done quickly enough. I'm going to grocery shop after church tomorrow; hopefully it won't be too busy!

I'm glad to see there are others quilting this weekend. I did go outside and pull some weeds for half an hour after supper. They didn't seem to be pulling themselves