Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else quilting this weekend? >

Anyone else quilting this weekend?

Anyone else quilting this weekend?

Old 05-25-2014, 04:22 AM

I will finish organizing my sewing room (again) and then work on a picture wall hanging that has been floating in my head for a year, while I collected the fabric. Getting a service man here Wednesday, so I get back to working on my longarm. I have 5 queen size and about 4 baby quilts and several wall hangings to get quilted. So I will be doing that next week-end. Have a safe Memorial Day and pray for out soldiers, past and present. They are the reason we can quilt.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:33 AM

Got all my gardening done during the week. Ordered some PVC lattice to cut down to put around my raised beds as I have very hungry bunnies around here and they don't understand the word "NO!!!"

So I will be working on my Smith Mountain quilt top. Got all the cutting done using the specialty rulers I've had hanging around here for a year or so. So many little pieces though. It gets over whelming at times so I work on one set of pieces at a time, move them to the ironing board, then go to the next set of pieces till I have them all stitched together and ready to press. This quilt will be around 108 x 108 when finished as I made some changes to the pattern.

When I went to cutting all my strips at the beginning before cutting them down, I guessimated how many strips I needed. Cut about 1/3 too many due to the fact you are actually saving fabric using the Easy Angle, Companion Angle and Tri-Rec rulers. Now to look for another pattern to use up the extra strips.............
Old 05-25-2014, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by omacookie View Post
I am cleaning house and washing clothes today. Sunday will be a class brunch for our 1953 grads ! Monday it is cut, sew, and quilt all day. Will go to retirees evening meal and play BINGO ! For that I will prepare eggplant with rice and ground meat . Am working on grandchildrens" Christmas Quilts

Yum yum. Sounds good to me pm recipe please
Old 05-25-2014, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK View Post
Here in the UK it is pouring with rain, grey and miserable so definitely no gardening today!! I finished putting borders on my Selvage Quilt and have spent the rest of the day 'playing' !!! I was lucky to find a Singer 201k on Freecycle, the case was very dilapidated so I decided to re-cover it!!!
I love your case cover. Gteat job.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:49 AM

Hexies and a wall hanging......and watching some tv. It is so nice to relax.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:44 AM

Love the selvage quilt! Congrats on your find! I hope to finis a baby quilt today! Deb
Old 05-25-2014, 07:01 AM

Will be going to the National Cemetery here in Phoenix, to honor our fallen. Then to lunch with my Marine grandson.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:25 AM

I spent several hours yesterday serging the raw edges on what will be Princess pillowcase dresses. I figure I will probably get at least 15 finished by the end of the day tomorrow. I buy up gently used top sheets from local thrift shops and use them to make the dresses. I discovered long ago that many men are like my husband and refuse to sleep under a top sheet. The ones that end up in thrift shops are often like brand new. I can get at least six dresses out of one. I am more than a month ahead on my monthly donation of 21 Linus quilts so I don't have to worry about them.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:30 AM

I am finishing up a swap, just have to make sure they are squared up exactly and then I can get them ready to mail out. Also have to clean up my sewing room and wash fabric for another swap. Thinking about working on my hexies this afternoon also.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:34 AM

No sewing for me but I'm happily spending time with my son and his girlfriend in sunny northern California. ..