Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else quilting this weekend? >

Anyone else quilting this weekend?

Anyone else quilting this weekend?

Old 05-24-2014, 06:23 AM

Default Anyone else quilting this weekend?

I have 5 quilts to finish before the end of the month (my deadline!). I'm hoping to get a good chunk of it done this weekend. I just finishing piecing the backs for the quilts so after lunch I can start quilting the one that is already sandwiched. All the tops are done, they just need finishing. We're going to grill hot dogs, burgers, potatoes, and a ribeye steak out in a few minutes so won't have to cook too much the rest of the weekend. I made a potato salad this morning too. Just figured I'd check to see if anyone else would be at the sewing machine this weekend instead of outside gardening
Old 05-24-2014, 06:32 AM

Hopefully, I will get to work on my I spy quilts.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

I'm doing some needle work. Will spend some time with my sister who had surgery yesterday. Total hysterectomy. Nothing like used to be. She will be coming home today! With everything they did and unexpectedly found but no cancer, she is going to be ok. Just that makes it to be a great weekend!
Old 05-24-2014, 06:46 AM

I wish everything is ok for your sister post surgery! I am making bread this morning and I shall be in my sewing room this afternoon to work on a bag I am ready to start free machine quilting for my niece http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t246965.html
Old 05-24-2014, 06:53 AM

I need to put binding on a quilt I finished quilting yesterday. While I have everything out, I'll likely sew some of my Goodnight Irene blocks together.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:00 AM

I am cleaning house and washing clothes today. Sunday will be a class brunch for our 1953 grads ! Monday it is cut, sew, and quilt all day. Will go to retirees evening meal and play BINGO ! For that I will prepare eggplant with rice and ground meat . Am working on grandchildrens" Christmas Quilts
Old 05-24-2014, 07:02 AM
Banned

Sadly no sewing for this weekend.

We are at the cabin and the sewing machine I would have
brought has jumped timing I think so it needs to go into
see the machine Dr.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:07 AM

I am going to be doing some quilting and sewing. DH has to work this weekend, as does DD, her BF and our SIL. Only oldest DD and I are not working. I am hoping to work on a Halloween spider web quilt. Or I might actually sandwich a quilt or two.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:09 AM

I am itching to do some quilting this weekend. Last weekend I was away visiting family and the previous weekend we had a rare glimpse of sunny weather so I worked in the garden most of the weekend. This weekend I am going to put some time aside to sew something! I have a few flimsys that need to be finished and a new walking foot to break in.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:16 AM

Here in the UK it is pouring with rain, grey and miserable so definitely no gardening today!! I finished putting borders on my Selvage Quilt and have spent the rest of the day 'playing' !!! I was lucky to find a Singer 201k on Freecycle, the case was very dilapidated so I decided to re-cover it!!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg