Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have information on the new Bernina that has come out?

I just received an e-mail from Bernina saying they have a new 820 Quilters Edition that has 15 inches between the needle and arm part of the machine so quilters will be able to make bigger quilts...does anyone have any idea what the cost might be?

Blog Entries
    I guess maybe between $6000 or more I have the 440 EQ Quilting Edition and that run me $4000. plus tax.

Blog Entries
    Wasn't this machine introduced when the 830 was? If so, according to the website, there are 12 inches throat space. If it is the same, it was over $7000.

I would say that it woudl be somewhere between $6000 and $10000. $10000 is what the 830 cost and that is their top of the line. Just a guess though. :?:

The 820QE is a remake of the original 820, but geared for quilters. They could easily have expanded the throat. I read somewhere the price was in the $7,500 range, but I can't find where I saw it now. :(

Blog Entries
    They are cheaper then an ATV, small tractor, or boat.

http://sewreview.com/brands/bernina/820/

Any info on the machine is available if you google or go to the Bernina site.

15" throat and 12" from the right of the needle.

It's just a rename of the 820, as far as I understand. 15" free arm, but 12" needle to pillar as always. I also got excited, because I happened to look at the website one day when the 820 with the old face plate and the "B 820 Quilter's Edition" were both shown. Dunno if the name is supposed to attract quilters to push non-quilters to the 830. How 'bout a fancy swirly face plate and limited edition stitches like the 830 LE?!

Quote Originally Posted by Maia B
    It's just a rename of the 820, as far as I understand. 15" free arm, but 12" needle to pillar as always. I also got excited, because I happened to look at the website one day when the 820 with the old face plate and the "B 820 Quilter's Edition" were both shown. Dunno if the name is supposed to attract quilters to push non-quilters to the 830. How 'bout a fancy swirly face plate and limited edition stitches like the 830 LE?!
    Hehe. No fancy embroidery stitching like the 830LE because the 820 doesn't do embroidery

:wink: Yeah, I don't understand the rename since nothing new is added to the machine...

They could have deco stitches exclusive to the 820, kinda like the Elna versions of machines have a few stitches different than the Janome version. :p

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast