Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anyone have a Singer 534 Stylist?

Just another one I'm looking at on craigslist. They are asking $45. I'd love one with a larger opening than mine has so I could try machine quilting on some smaller quilts.

Anybody have an opinion?

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    If it's an old Singer (I'm not familiar with that one) and it works I'd grab it for that price!!
    My old Singers are fabulous machines :D

I found one that sold on ebay for $40 - so I don't know if they got it for a steal, or if $40/$45 is top price....

I have an original owners manual for this model (but not the machine) if anyone is interested. Would be happy to put it in the mail to them. Best, Fran
    I didn't make this beautiful GFG quilt but it's on my wish list to do

I have one. Plastic gears which are now over 30 years old. It wasn't built for heavy use, it was built to make the occasional clothing item or for mending. I have thought of selling mine which is complete with the case, book and attachments for less than what they are asking. I suppose price is what someone is willing to pay. I'd be unwilling to pay 45.00 for one.

My Stylist is in my storage room. I don't remember which model. I got it from my parents in 1972 i think. I probably should get it serviced. It was my first machine so it is not for sale. It reminds me of the support my folks gave me in regard to my passion for sewing. I remember being so thrilled to have the zig zag stitch and the stretch stitch! My needs were modest back in the day. Lots of warm memories for that machine. Now to dig it out!

My janome 9700 took its place 7 years ago.
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)