Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone made Bonnie Hunter's Double Delight quilt?

That's going to be a beautiful quilt.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Blog Entries
    I made this quilt and it is stunning when done... I gave it away to a darling couple from our RV park where we go in the winter. Last year was the last year that they will be coming. Once you get all the hst sew it goes together pretty fast. Lots of chain piecing.. Good luck. I did not get pictures of mine, but I did use the same colors Bonnie suggested and it really came out pretty... I think it was one of her mystery quilts, can't remember now

Well, you DO have a lot of sewing to do in a fairly short time I'm hoping for some secret sewing fairies while you sleep! Keep plugging away - it's going to be beautiful!!!
    Pat

Good luck on this project of yours . It is a very pretty quilt , an I hope you get it done on time. joyce j

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    For reasons too long to post, I have to have this quilt made by the end of Sept. I have been cutting and sewing for three days and still on step 2. Any quilt that has 480 hst in one step has no choice but be beautiful. Here a pic of the quilt: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/...ht-part-7.html . I'm using the same color choices.
    HST??? All I see in that quilt are Square in a Square patches, 9 patches, some squares and some setting triangles. What am I missing???

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    For reasons too long to post, I have to have this quilt made by the end of Sept. I have been cutting and sewing for three days and still on step 2. Any quilt that has 480 hst in one step has no choice but be beautiful. Here a pic of the quilt: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/...ht-part-7.html . I'm using the same color choices.
    Bella Boo:Could it be possible to send me the instructions for "Double Delight"? I think that Bonnie removes some patterns after awhile: due to the patterns being featured in her books. That is what happened to "Roll, Roll Cotton Boll".Thanks, Linda

'
    '/

I looked at it and it will be beautiful. Just keep going and you will get it done.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I JUST finished Roll, Roll Cotton Boll and it's beautiful!! Now you have me wanting to make this. I was going to make a single Irish chain and I see that the Irish Chain shows up here along with her star blocks...this is going to be great! One thing I did which was perfect in doing RRCB was to purchase the Triangulations software. Those hst flew!! I got the idea from this board and am still saying thank you!

I made the Double Delight and it was one of Bonnie's early Mystery Quilts. It was fun to make and turned out terrific like all her patterns do. Her patterns all have many, many small pieces which are doable by any level of quilter, you just need to make accurate 1/4" seams and I take this all as a refresher because I tend to get lazy on my techniques when doing scrap or modern quilts. The mystery quilts are exhausting and I have done every one and the finished tops seem to sit in the closet for a couple years before they get quilted, but I am addicted so what is a person to do.
    Sam @ Samantha's House.blogspot.com
    SamanthasHouse @Etsy.com

Blog Entries
    Oh, that is a gorgeouos quilt. I know yours will be too. Hit it! ha.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast