Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Anyone made Bonnie Hunter's Double Delight quilt?

Good luck. It is a lovely quilt.

Gorgeous.....not my cup of tea....because any quilt that requires 400+ of ANYTHING will not get finished in this century and I've been doing this long enough to know it!!!! Good luck, though!!!!!
    Mistakes are just opportunities to invent a new quilting technique!

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    For reasons too long to post, I have to have this quilt made by the end of Sept. I have been cutting and sewing for three days and still on step 2. Any quilt that has 480 hst in one step has no choice but be beautiful. Here a pic of the quilt: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/...ht-part-7.html . I'm using the same color choices.
    I did make this quilt. It was one of Bonnies "Mystery quilts". I started with Bonnie right after Carolina Crossroads, her first mystery, was completed, and I've made them all. CC is still my favorite, well loved by my favorite niece. If you think 400 hst is bad, don't look at Ocean Waves - 2000 hst in the body of the quilt and more in the border. I am not afraid of a challenge and I agree that the more fabric choices the more interesting the quilt. CC may have been over my head when I started, but I didn't know it and I just kept on trucking. I've learned so much from Bonnie pushing us. I've seen other peoples mysteries and I'm not interested in starting when I see what other stuff they have designed. I thrive on hard!!
    My Double Delight was also made as a gift. I changed colors and layout. You might not recognize it. I will search for a picture. Oh, I believe it is in the DD folder at Bonnies site.
    Judi in Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by llong0233 View Post
    Looking at the photos of her piecing this quilt, I notice Bonnie Hunter has an attachment that is perpendicular to the presser foot. I don't know what it is. Maybe to stabilize the 1/4 presser foot so she gets an exact 1/4 inch every time? Does anyone know what this is?
    I believe you are seeing the seam marker. It was in every machines box for years. There is a little screw hole on the bed and this thing screws in there and you lengthen or shorten that piece to what size you need.
    hth
    Judi in Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    I love her patterns, too. "Chunky Churndash" is right at the top of my to-do list. Please post pix of yours when you're done, OK? Inquiring minds...
    I just finished quilting my Chunky Churndash. Just have the binding to do. Can't decide what color binding. The quilt was made with blocks from a block swap on Quiltville swap. I, also made pillowcases and used my leftover churndash blocks for the cuff on the cases.
    Judi in Ohio

Blog Entries
    I have never done that one. I did orca bay. just got it back from my long armer and am waiting for the fabric to bind it with to arrive. There are lots and lots of pieces to cut out on Bonnie's quilts. they are so beautiful though.

What a beautiful quilt.....I am tired just thinking about making it!!!!!!!!

Pretty pattern! Looking forward to seeing pics!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I am working on her Sisters Choice after my guild had a workshop with her. Her ideas and methods are really good and I tend to like doing quilts one block at a time, she tends to work up all the same units. But working with her methods make it go pretty fast. I have to agree with the HST thing, Bonnie prefers to have you cut triangles and then sew them where as I prefer to sew whole squares and cut them.
    Give the quilt a try, it is beautiful, and you will see that using Bonnie's directions it will be easy to do.

I made it when she was having the original QA in 2005...I made it for my grandson's graduation...it is still not quilted, I need to get it done by May for his graduation! It was alot of work, but I love how it turned out! I've done several of her mysteries...love using those scraps!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Vicki the quilt is beautiful. I'm on the last 50 of the 3 1/3" nine patch blocks. I know I have improved my piecing skills making this quilt. Every now and then I'll have an Ah Ha moment about 'so this makes it much better'. Practice makes perfect and this quilt you will get a lot of practice.
    Got fabric?

This is one I have to try. I never did one of her quilts, but the directions look pretty straightforward. Iíll shoot for a September 2013 finish date.

I am sure you are doing all the hard parts first, once that is out of the way, assembly should be quick. Good luck. Beautiful quilt. Wow

Blog Entries
    I am putting the blocks together now. I had to take a couple of days off as I was getting pieced overload burnout. I'll post pics of the blocks tonight.
    Got fabric?

I just checked my Roll, Roll Cotton Boll directions, and it was actually 600 HSTs lol!! I about choked when I came to that step - thought I would never get them done. :-)

Blog Entries
    Here are the 30 pieced blocks, only 30 more to go. Name:  photo-001.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  158.4 KB I have the four patches all sewn. Just have to sew them in blocks.
    Got fabric?

I was jsut admiring this one when I was looking for the ORca mystery one.

I lost the directions to the orca one.

Here, here, me too! I'll just enjoy and appreciate yours!
    Believe, it can be done!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3