Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Auditioning Borders - Opinions Welcome!

I think the bottom one echoes colors in your piecing and maintains the energy and vibrancy. I agree with alisonquilts on why the other 3 don't seem to work as well.
    Come to Me and I will give you rest--Jesus.

If I were to use one of those fabrics, I would choose the bottom one as it allows the blocks of the quilt to be projected instead of competing with them. The dark fabric allows the white in the background to pop out. I like your baby quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenheron View Post
    I vote for the tone-on-tone pink. Keeps the eye on the piecing. May not be so matchy-matchy but it works for me.
    I agree, tone on tone.
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

I see the red or orange first when I look at the quilt - don't see any pink or purple. If I had to pick one that is featured if would be the bottom one. Now I think we probably have you totally confused!

I wasn't crazy about any of the displayed borders either, but couldn't put my finger on why. Thank you all so much for helping me to clarify. I've decided to try a border of the white background squiggle fabric and then bind it in the bright red of the little squares. The backing will be the white squiggle. Thank you! I feel so much better now.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
    I wasn't crazy about any of the displayed borders either, but couldn't put my finger on why. Thank you all so much for helping me to clarify. I've decided to try a border of the white background squiggle fabric and then bind it in the bright red of the little squares. The backing will be the white squiggle. Thank you! I feel so much better now.
    I'm only jumping in on the tail end of this but I think you have made a wise decision. I was thinking about a narrow bright border and then the "squigly" background piece for a wider border. BTW, it's a precious quilt top. I just love the D9P pattern.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Quote Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
    Do you have more of the BG fabric that you used? I think that would look best. My second choice would be red to match your small blocks.
    I agree. One of the fabrics used in the quilt would compliment the quilt. Looks like too many patterns otherwise.
    Love the quilt.

I really like these postings. I study the picture, make MY decision, and then read the comments to see if I was on or off base. Very helpful in the learning color process.

I think I would go with something more red than pink.
    Karen
    in every darkness, there is a light.. in every struggle, there is a way.. in every faith, there is a hope♡

Signups for the January pincushion/needlecase swap are now open until December 31.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-pincushion-needlecase-swap-sign-ups-close-december-31-a-t258677.html#post7020122

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
    Oh, I think this is a good decision. It will look wonderful!!

Dina

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast