Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bailey's you will have my business

Bailey's you will have my business

Yesterday I posted how I wanted to take a clas at a LQS to learn long arm quilting in order to rent their Babylock jewel. My husband who is as artsy and crafty as I am thought that I should probably do that sice he could see us in the future buying a LA??? With what was my question, with two young kids and one income that is just a dream. He started a research and came acros a local NY manufacturer of LA machines. Their prices are reasonable and we decided to give them a call and maybe drive upstate to see their showroom. First of all they were great on the phone, outstanding! It is a family business and we talked to the owner's son. He IS the guy making the machines so who better to be your support person than the guy who builds them? They are made right here in the US! Can you believe it? We all like to support local, I am sure of that, so when the time comes they will have my business. I just wanted all of you to know, although you probably know all this already, that we have a jewel in our backyard with customer support second to none. And the best part is their prices rock! This seriously made my day, you cannot believe how happy I am to see a local family business succeeded. Do me favor, if you are considering a purchas of a LA talk to Chuck or his son John. You will not regret it even if you do not end up buying a Bailey. I am not related or in any way affiliated with them. I am a Canadian quilter living in the US who likes to support local. I am getting off my soapbox now. Cheers and happy quilting.
    Last edited by Tashana; 09-08-2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Mistake

I have a Bailey's 17 inch quilter. I love it. I use it as a sit down quilter. I have not had any problems with it at all. I spoke with Chuck when I ordered my machine. He is really nice and informative. The only issue I have every had with my machine was operator error. I had the bobbin in wrong, the ring holding the bobbin case was not seated proberly. After checking a video on the internet I got it right and no problems since. It makes a beautiful stich.

Blog Entries
    I have heard all good things about this company. Not one complaint.
    Got fabric?

I did a web search and got no results. Do you have a webpage or other contact info?

Here is their web site www.baileyssewingcenter.com

Blog Entries
    yes, i've been there... they are great, friendly, and very informative
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I own this one...http://www.baileyssewingcenter.com/bahoqupro15.html

And you are correct the CS is outstanding! I wanted a machine that had no bells and whistles. The learning curve is enough for me to deal with as it is. I don't need a machine that talks or will throw a temper tantrum.

Chase
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Here is the Bailey forum...........http://bhqbaileyhomequilter.proboards.com/index.cgi

I have a Bailey 15...........

Blog Entries
    Tashana, I am the non-proud owner of a Tin Lizzie and I paid so much more for my machine and it has never worked right consistantly. If I have to buy another LAQ this company will the first I consider. I wish they had been at the MAQS 2 years ago maybe I would not have ended up with the hunk of junk I now have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashana View Post
    Yesterday I posted how I wanted to take a clas at a LQS to learn long arm quilting in order to rent their Babylock jewel. My husband who is as artsy and crafty as I am thought that I should probably do that sice he could see us in the future buying a LA??? With what was my question, with two young kids and one income that is just a dream. He started a research and came acros a local NY manufacturer of LA machines. Their prices are reasonable and we decided to give them a call and maybe drive upstate to see their showroom. First of all they were great on the phone, outstanding! It is a family business and we talked to the owner's son. He IS the guy making the machines so who better to be your support person than the guy who builds them? They are made right here in the US! Can you believe it? We all like to support local, I am sure of that, so when the time comes they will have my business. I just wanted all of you to know, although you probably know all this already, that we have a jewel in our backyard with customer support second to none. And the best part is their prices rock! This seriously made my day, you cannot believe how happy I am to see a local family business succeeded. Do me favor, if you are considering a purchas of a LA talk to Chuck or his son John. You will not regret it even if you do not end up buying a Bailey. I am not related or in any way affiliated with them. I am a Canadian quilter living in the US who likes to support local. I am getting off my soapbox now. Cheers and happy quilting.

Quote Originally Posted by Marycumi View Post
    I have a Bailey's 17 inch quilter. I love it. I use it as a sit down quilter....
    Mary, can you please describe how you use it as a sit down quilter? Do you have it positioned like a regular domestic sewing machine, or do you have it turned (like a long arm on a frame)? I've wanted one of these for a frame for a long time, but lately have been considering using it as a sit down. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast