Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 87

Thread: Battery Operated Sewing Machine

  1. #1
    Super Member yolanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,256
    I am going camping and am considering bringing along one of those inexpensive battery operated sewing machines to do some piecing. Has anyone used one? Have any recommendations?

  2. #2
    Super Member icon17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington,State
    Posts
    1,692
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    I am going camping and am considering bringing along one of those inexpensive battery operated sewing machines to do some piecing. Has anyone used one? Have any recommendations?
    Hi, I want you to know I just got chastised, I read your post and said to my other 1/2 'Here's a real addict' and then he reminded ME I had taken My FW on vacation TOO! 'Yah, but I had Electricty! I was picturing you in a pup tent
    :lol: I want to Apologize, I live in a 'Glass' house :lol: And your Quilt will Be wonderful! 8-)

  3. #3
    Super Member yolanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,256
    :-) yes yes i am a true addict i admit it. i am going to the desert where besides hiking and stargazing there is not much to do and my BF likes to hang out at the campsite - so i usually read and play guitar but hey i am behind on my piecing!
    Quote Originally Posted by icon17
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    I am going camping and am considering bringing along one of those inexpensive battery operated sewing machines to do some piecing. Has anyone used one? Have any recommendations?
    Hi, I want you to know I just got chastised, I read your post and said to my other 1/2 'Here's a real addict' and then he reminded ME I had taken My FW on vacation TOO! 'Yah, but I had Electricty! I was picturing you in a pup tent
    :lol: I want to Apologize, I live in a 'Glass' house :lol: And your Quilt will Be wonderful! 8-)

  4. #4
    Super Member yolanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,256
    PS.. of all places this board is where i thought for sure i'd find someone whos' thought of this or who could give me suggestions - i am taking the silence to suggest i do need some help ... :-) "Hi my name is Yolanda and I am addicted to making quilts..." ;-)

  5. #5
    Super Member irishrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    6,566
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quilters on the vintage site love handcranks for camping. I can't speak from experience, but it'd sew a better seam if you can find one.

    I'd purchase the battery operated one and unpack it carefully and try it out. You don't want to compromise your quilt with less than good seams. If it does well, then I'd go for it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Quitman,Texas
    Posts
    557
    Take along a lot of batteries .

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    722
    Are you thinking of the little hand -operated one? Keep your money in your jeans.

  8. #8
    Super Member yolanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,256
    I didn't think of a handcrank - very nice! Actually I feel silly posting this and have decided to learn to crochet or bring along a swedish weave project I have waiting in a closet ;-)

  9. #9
    Super Member quiltsRfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,125
    Quote Originally Posted by yolanda
    I didn't think of a handcrank - very nice! Actually I feel silly posting this and have decided to learn to crochet or bring along a swedish weave project I have waiting in a closet ;-)
    How about a hand piecing project?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Pat M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NM
    Posts
    490
    I bought one for my GD and we tried it out and then took it back to the store. Really bad stitches. I have been looking for a hand crank one to take camping.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.