Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best thimble "ever" >

Best thimble "ever"

Best thimble "ever"

Old 08-31-2011, 06:52 AM

I am happy as a lark - I found the best thimble ever! I must own twenty thimbles and I do not like any of them. I use them for a while and then get so tired of dropping them or feeling uncomfortable with them on that I take them off and just pierce my finger instead.
Yesterday I found one that I LOVE. It is made by Clover - "Protect and Grip Thimble". It is so comfortable. It is a rubber-like thimble that stretches to fit your finger and has a metal tip with a small edge on it. It doesn't slip off and doesn't fit too tight. I bought it at JoAnn's, and since I am the type, that once I find something good, I go back and buy another one -( just in case????)! I am heading back today. Hope they still have them.

If you are a thimble user, run and buy one!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

I have a couple of them but my thread gets caught where the metal and the silicone meets. Maybe if I use some glue in that spot it will help. I am using Clover leather thimbles at the present. Thanks for your tip:)
Old 08-31-2011, 07:09 AM

I bought one of those at the Austin, Tx quilt show and I love it. I use it for everything. Need to find another one.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

I just looked it up to see what it looks like. That kind of thimble doesn't work for me :(
I can only use leather and have to replace frequently, darn!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:36 AM

JoAnn's is 200 miles away and my old car can't go more than 10.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:57 AM

I tried it too, not with much luck - so I now use Clover leather thimble that is just a 1/2" leather band with a plastic support on the inside-leather on outside-needle never slips, thread never gets caught, and they are not bulky - they come 3/pk and I get them at Joann's-only a few dollars and I wait until the notions board goes on sale 40-50% off and load up! The # on the pack is Art No 612
Old 08-31-2011, 07:57 AM

Yes! I was delighted to find them too! Only ones small enough to fit my finger and not push up into my protruding knuckle.

Have the leather ones also. Anybody tell me why the package contains 3 sizes?? So that you must buy all three instead of the size that fits you? My fingers don't change size!

Enjoy the day, everyone
Old 08-31-2011, 08:08 AM

I am just as crazy about the F&P red leather thimble with the round metal disk. Love them! I found them at Tuesday Morning but can't find anymore. Don't know why they would quit selling them, I couldn't be the only one looking for a comfortable well fitting thimble. LOL
Old 08-31-2011, 08:13 AM

I have a metal one that a bought at a LQS that went out of business, wish I had bought more since it's sized perfect for me. This store had the best hand quilting hoop too, I have never seen another one as study as mine. I am going to try ther F&P thimble for under the quilt, I use Thumb It now but can't find that anymore either! Just when you find something that works, they do away with it!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:49 AM

I have one. Love it. Love that it won't slip/fall off.