Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
blizzard warning for tomorrow... >

blizzard warning for tomorrow...

blizzard warning for tomorrow...

Old 12-27-2012, 06:26 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

All U have to say is: IS it spring yet ? We have received another 2 inches of snow along with the last round of snow which left 6 inches on the Patio Table (our measurement stick !LOL) and I am tired of looking at snow .. LOL

Cleaning up the sewing area/room? be careful I pulled muscles in the back trying to lift stuff !LOL :- )~~ after the hubs yelled at me for not calling him to help me out .. <rolling eyes> LOL
Old 12-27-2012, 06:50 AM

Jan, I haven't heard your opening expression in nearly a lifetime! Glad you had a good day in spite of the family emergency. We, here in East Tn., had an ememgency of our own, but finally ended up having a quite dinner with a friend here at our house. I now have to fold laundry, change my bed, and pick up the boxes, etc., from Christmas Day. Did I say I was a procrastinator? Then, on to putting a quilt together. I am still piecing a tumbler quilt but I think I have finally cut enough pieces to finish it. Have fun in this new year. Carolyn Jo in East TN.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

I can really relate. Since moving to a 2 bedroom apt. from a 3 bedroom home with full basement, saying that I have very little space is an understatement. Plus,instead of a sewing room where I could just leave my projects and pick them up when I got back to them. That's not to say that my room was organized and spotless, no way, but now I need to use my bed as extra space when doing most projects, so I need to remove the stuff before I can go to bed and when I'm extra tired, I don't do it neatly, which is most of the time. Now I want to start some new projects, but I really,really need to clean and reorganize before I can do that - my least favorite thing to do.. However, I'm not able to quilt and sew again after6 months of surgery and rehab for a ruptured disk in my neck, I'm just happy I can return to my favorite craft and stress reliever. Hope all had a great Christmas. I'm looking for a better new year for all, as my daughter is going through a tough time right now and her job is in limbo because of time off after an automobile accident in June. Ain't nothing easy.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:54 AM

It is cold here in central FL but no snow (DH started whining he wanted snow a little while ago) and close to or freezing tonight so I get to cover plants up again. I feel for all of you getting all the snow, I grew up in Quebec, Canada and then Buffalo, NY and then Canton, NY. DO NOT miss all the snow. So enjoy your time what ever you are going to do the next few days and be glad to be warm inside. And if you have a quilting room or space, and are going to organize it, be glad you have the space. Wish I did. Maybe some day.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:06 AM

BJ so sorry abouty our husband, it is hard. My brother in Canada had two back surgeries and still cannot stand on his own, let alone walk. It is so hard on my SIL and I will say a prayer for your husband and you too.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:23 AM

I came home from my weekly sew day with friends last Friday and dumped everything in my sewing room and closed the door. Since then I have put additional items in the room - and shut the door. I am going to have to face that room today because sew day is again tomorrow. It is soooo easy to "messy" things up when living alone. Happily I no longer care about what others think of the condition of my home...when it bothers me enough, I clean. But I find it interesting that I have not had the quilt urge this week. Guess there was just too much going on. Happy 2013 to everyone.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 AM

It snowed all night and blew up a blizzard. Got up this morning to lots of snow. I have a plow contract but he can't get close enough to the garage doors to do any good and that's where it drifts. I'm 5'8" and it was up to my waist. I also have a snow blower and after fiddling with it,it finally started. Heavy heavy (heart attach) snow. We haven't had a snow storm like this in a couple of years and it looks like our world is back to normal. Can't complain about that. I think we got between 18 and 24". Just another day in the northeast.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:22 AM

Weatherman says more snow for us but not until around midnight, I won't start a project until next week or until I resolve my dilemma. Help is needed and wanted here...
I have a Quilt for kids donation quilt that needs a binding and mailed asap, I some how managed not to get it sandwich in the best of ways, then when I was trimming the excess batting off, I cut the backing,! okay... so I cut the entire backing off thinking I will use the excess to make a binding, now I am not so sure it is going to be enough to accomplish that. Originally we are to leave an 1in excess of backing and fold and machine stitch using a zig zag. So my cause for delay Am stuck on what to do, we are not to substitute fabric into the quilt. Maybe ideas and help from you guys will get me unstuck Thnx bunches! JB
Old 12-27-2012, 10:47 AM

Heavens! I thought I was cold and it's 50 degrees here. After we moved back down south, I vowed that I would never shovel snow again--and so far I haven't. Bless all of you who are having such horrible weather. Stay inside, be warm and creative. Can't wait to see what you've made!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:31 AM

We got a foot of snow today here in Buffalo, NY. That is enough to stop everything here. That is ok with me, as the chicken soup is done and now doing the noodles, then, it is time to hit the sewing machine and get more quilts started. Really have to do two to finish them but that is ok, they are not going anywhere at this time.

I like your idea and others of doing the shovel thing, but God put it there so let him take it back. My hubby will do it here and there and I can continue to sew. Let's see some of these precious items.

One other question, how do you get rid of the lap tops etc. after making them. I seem to be hanging on to them. Maybe if someone would bring it back for me to view now and then it would make it easier.

Have a great day to all that write here.

Ginny