Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: blizzard warning for tomorrow...

blizzard warning for tomorrow...

So which quilting project shall I finish first????

Actually, it's marking this one quilt that I've been working on. Then I hope to finish the back so that I can baste it on Thurs...

Now, where's the shovel and where's the salt for the steps????
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Blog Entries
    I have to work in the morning but just until 12:30pm. I feel so "quilted" out right now so I am not starting or finishing any other projects at this point. I am going to work on getting my room cleaned and re-organized. (Oh, why don't I just put things away when I am done with them. . . .) This will keep me occupied for a few days.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

We have a blizzard warning, as well. My daughter is home with us (vacation time from work) and we are going to watch movies and play around with my brand-new Viking Ruby!

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    ......... (Oh, why don't I just put things away when I am done with them. . . .)
    I haven't figured out how to do that either!!!
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pam B View Post
    We have a blizzard warning, as well. My daughter is home with us (vacation time from work) and we are going to watch movies and play around with my brand-new Viking Ruby!
    Ooooohhhh, that sounds like fun!

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Lands, I hated to return home after potluck dinner with family this late afternoon. My little cramped and 'cozy' cottage living room - which is my sewing room - looks like a bomb went off in here, very messily, too. Even the kitchen is a wreck. Two loads of laundry-to-be-done is piled up on the floor in my bedroom, the sheets need changing, and the trash needs to be taken to the dump. I came home and crawled into bed for a nap so I could keep from looking at it all.

The past 3 weeks have been so busy with last minute finishes and stressful with a family emergency, that I have hardly had time or energy to think, much less take care of things. I'm feeling like I need a long sabbatical from quilting for a while. Fortunately I *have* to get things really cleaned up because my Dd is coming to visit on the 15th, first time seeing me in the cottage. And when she is gone I can relax my housekeeping a bit since 99% of the time it's just me here. I LOVE being retired! (And tired, I guess!)

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

We have a blizzard warning too... looks like a few days of sewing and quilting. I hope we don't lose our electric.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

I'm so looking forward to the snow so I can sit and admire it from the warmth of my quilt studio! Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    We got 15 inches of snow today,more on the way. The kids are coming home tomorrow with the G'kids to play in the snow. We have a great sledding hill,gotta drag out the hot chocolate and the cookies.

Blog Entries
    Jan after you have finished your cottage care to do mine? I'm at the foothills of the Pennines in UK. Living on your own has many advantages when it comes to quilting. I use my cottage as a gym. Cutting in dining room sewing living room ironing kitchen . Bedroom stash store. . Luckily I have no visitors.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast