Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bobbin question for Juki TL-2010 or 98 owners

Blog Entries

Bobbin question for Juki TL-2010 or 98 owners

I ordered some bobbins online for my Juki which looked just like what came with it. However, even though there is the indent near the center, there is no hole for the thread to go thru. Won't these just spin when I try to wind them?

I thought I was getting the real thing...guess not. Where do you get your bobbins?

Blog Entries
    I got mine on Ebay, I don't remember who though... I got a box of 100 but they sell smaller quantities. Are you sure there's no hole? My hole is where the slit is and it was a little hard to see that there was really a hole there?
    Bernie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie View Post
    I got mine on Ebay, I don't remember who though... I got a box of 100 but they sell smaller quantities. Are you sure there's no hole? My hole is where the slit is and it was a little hard to see that there was really a hole there?
    The indentation/slit is there, but no hole...maybe just a bad batch? I got them on ebay also. I emailed the seller, but have not heard back yet.

Sorry you had a problem. I bought mine on e-bay and verified before hand that they would fit my 2010.They were fine., however, this was months ago and I don't remember where I purchased them. Good luck.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nannyrick.com View Post
    Sorry you had a problem. I bought mine on e-bay and verified before hand that they would fit my 2010.They were fine., however, this was months ago and I don't remember where I purchased them. Good luck.
    They claimed they fit the machine, they just don't have a hole where they should.

Blog Entries
    Well, if you get no satisfaction from the seller, you can partially wrap the thread around the bobbin while leaving a tail to hold on to, then after it gets established, you can stop and cut the tail off and resume winding...
    Bernie

The bobbins I have for my 98Q have the slit, that's what I put the thread through.

Blog Entries
    I got a response from the seller and will be returning the ones I got. I just ordered some from another source.

Thanks for the feedback.