Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are bussinesses trying to go out of business? >

Are bussinesses trying to go out of business?

Are bussinesses trying to go out of business?

Old 01-15-2010, 11:35 AM

I use tracing paper-probaby medium weight- and so far haven't had any trouble. I think I use it because that is what the friend who taught me used. I have tried heavier paper, but it is harder (for me) to remove. I guess we all have our favorites.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Originally Posted by jojo47
I hadn't heard about K-Mart buying out Sears. Too bad...Sears was always the place to shop for quality stuff when I was a kid. That's where Mom usually headed...
Yeah, K-Mart bought out Sears about 1-2 years ago. In fact, this Christmas when my MIL went to looks for after-Christmas sales at Sears, hoping to buy a Christmas tree, they didn't have ANY Christmas stuff at the store. The manager told her that all of that stuff was shipped over to the K-Mart store. :roll:

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Isn't regular copy paper hard to pull away from the finished piece?
I don't have a problem with it, but I also will perforate the paper before I paper piece with it. I simply unthread my sewing machine and with the unthreaded needle I follow the lines. Then I rethread the machine, paper piece like normal, and afterwards the paper pulls out beautifully & with no problems. That said, I do notice that because of the thickness of the copier paper, it can cause the block to end up a tad too small. Just something to think about.

So you can do more than 1 piece of paper at a time?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:49 PM

I guess you could but I only do one sheet at a time. As long as I make the perforations exactly on the line and it folds over quite easily when cutting the 1/4-inch seam and getting ready for the next piece. With my luck, if I tried to do more than 1 sheet at a time, I'd end up with the bottom sheet having perforations that travel back and forth across the line. :roll:
Old 01-15-2010, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
I guess you could but I only do one sheet at a time. As long as I make the perforations exactly on the line and it folds over quite easily when cutting the 1/4-inch seam and getting ready for the next piece. With my luck, if I tried to do more than 1 sheet at a time, I'd end up with the bottom sheet having perforations that travel back and forth across the line. :roll:
I would too :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Power Poster

Trouble is with many businesses they don't look at both ends of the process. It's fine to have a great product range, excellent sales team, good office personnel, but forget the people at the grass-roots level, the goods inwards and outwards team. A business can be ruined by poor training and standards of the people who sort, pick and pack the product. Many thousands of dollars are lost because of having to replace/refund damaged goods.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I mail everything ,other then letters, packed in the shreds from my paper shredder. I don't want any movement at all inside that box.
OH, never thought of that!! Now I'll be stashing something else -- shreds!