Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are bussinesses trying to go out of business? >

Are bussinesses trying to go out of business?

Are bussinesses trying to go out of business?

Old 01-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Power Poster

I mail everything ,other then letters, packed in the shreds from my paper shredder. I don't want any movement at all inside that box.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Ok, I'm new to paperpiecing. Why do you put in printer?
Normally for paper piecing you are either copying a design or printing it off the computer or website. This requires you to need to run the paper through the copier. ;)
Old 01-14-2010, 12:44 PM

good to know thanks Lucy
Old 01-14-2010, 12:49 PM

I think I can top that! I ordered a set of dishes from amazon.com ( they were new, not used) and they came in two boxes. the dishes were in the original box and then that box was placed in a much bigger one. there was a piece of something that had been crushed ( maybe for cushioning?) and it was in the corner. One of the boxes was mostly broken glass and the second box (in another box) was fairly good. I contacted the company and everything turned out alright, but honestly, haven't people ever heard of common sense????
Old 01-14-2010, 12:55 PM

Common sense is not so common anymore!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 02:19 PM

I always learn so much from this site. Thanks for the info on sandwich wrap; as I said I hadn't used it in my quilting projects yet but I was thinking about it. Have a great day!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Honey
I have always said you can't fix stupid and this proves it :roll:
Oh my gosh, that's my husbands favorite phrase! And rightly so!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by garysgal
I think I can top that! I ordered a set of dishes from amazon.com ( they were new, not used) and they came in two boxes. the dishes were in the original box and then that box was placed in a much bigger one. there was a piece of something that had been crushed ( maybe for cushioning?) and it was in the corner. One of the boxes was mostly broken glass and the second box (in another box) was fairly good. I contacted the company and everything turned out alright, but honestly, haven't people ever heard of common sense????
I ordered a sewing machine from e-bay a couple of years ago it was coming from PA I told the guy we live on another planet...ALASKA he said he knew how to pack...well I think he was the brother of the dude that packed your paper. The sewing machine was put in it's case, NO padding at all :!: Then he put in another cardboard box that was huge :shock: . SO he used a black hooded sweatshirt to put on top of the sewing machine case. Needless to say the only thing that came from that deal was the sewatshirt! It's nice and warm. The machine and case are a total loss. The cardboard was totally broken away. It sat in a heap until I had my husband take it to the dumps just 2 weeks ago.Crazy :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 01-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Power Poster

Common sense has gone right out the window.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Bellaboo - I think you now know why their vellum is priced so much lower. :roll:

Billy - I had a friend who worked for UPS and you wouldn't believe what they do to those boxes! If you think it looked like it was tossed from the back of a truck, likely it was. In the warehouse they stack boxes twenty feet high and often times the stacks fall down. :shock: I couldn't believe some of the stories she told me! Sad!

As for all the problems Sears is having...I have to wonder if it has anything to do with their being bought out by K-Mart a couple years ago. I know K-Mart's quality is horrible and when they bought out Sears I remarked to hubby that it likely wouldn't be long before their quality dropped as well. Looks like it's headed in that direction.
I hadn't heard about K-Mart buying out Sears. Too bad...Sears was always the place to shop for quality stuff when I was a kid. That's where Mom usually headed...