Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62

Thread: Buying online

  1. #11
    Junior Member PrettyCurious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    196
    Yep. I bought 2 yards of a quilt block on the month fabric a couple years ago just cuz it was pretty. I finally decided what I wanted to do with it, but needed 7 yards. I found and bought 3 yards on a site called BluJay, 1 1/2 yards on Esty, and 3/4 of a yard on eBay.

    Now, my new minimum "Cuz it's pretty" cut is 4 yards.

  2. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Elmira, NY
    Posts
    6,232
    I was hesitant at first, but once I got the hang of it, buying online is just way too easy. I, too, would buy everything online, if I could.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    177
    For ordering parts for older machines, I've had wonderful experience with Sew-Classic. She shipped out from east coast and I had them within 2 days. Very fast!!!

  4. #14
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    17,265
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCurious
    Yep. I bought 2 yards of a quilt block on the month fabric a couple years ago just cuz it was pretty. I finally decided what I wanted to do with it, but needed 7 yards. I found and bought 3 yards on a site called BluJay, 1 1/2 yards on Esty, and 3/4 of a yard on eBay.

    Now, my new minimum "Cuz it's pretty" cut is 4 yards.
    Why not 7? :lol: :lol:

  5. #15
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    17,265
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfkitty
    I was hesitant at first, but once I got the hang of it, buying online is just way too easy. I, too, would buy everything online, if I could.
    Way too easy is right!

  6. #16
    Super Member Amythyst02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Posts
    1,355
    I am an online junkie. I buy everything possible. Books, toys, food, fabric, you name I have probably bought it. The only thing I cannot buy is the sewing machine I want, because you have to purchase from a dealer. However, I have seen it on Ebay, but they are asking the same price for a used one that I can purchase new at the retail store.

    I also pay 90% of my bills online. If I can pay it that way I do. I register my car that way. I actually bought that cute puppy you see in my avatar online too!!!! She was shipped to us from Mo. when she was just 8 weeks old.

    I am quite pleased at the things you can do with computers!!!

  7. #17
    Junior Member PrettyCurious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCurious
    Yep. I bought 2 yards of a quilt block on the month fabric a couple years ago just cuz it was pretty. I finally decided what I wanted to do with it, but needed 7 yards. I found and bought 3 yards on a site called BluJay, 1 1/2 yards on Esty, and 3/4 of a yard on eBay.

    Now, my new minimum "Cuz it's pretty" cut is 4 yards.
    Why not 7? :lol: :lol:
    Cuz [1] I am cheap, and [2] most quilts have 3 to 4 colors/fabrics in them. So the chances of needing more than 4 yards is fairly slim.
    This one pattern "Chained 9 Patch" that I fell in love with and decided it MUST have this one color as the background, is mostly 2 colors, and I'm not doing the paper piecing it suggests. I found another way, and already tried it out on a quilted carrying case for my cutting board. Pictures later.

    What a darling puppy Amy!!!

  8. #18
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    17,265
    Blog Entries
    7
    I pay my bills online now too. So much easier to do and to track back this way.

  9. #19
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    17,265
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCurious
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyCurious
    Yep. I bought 2 yards of a quilt block on the month fabric a couple years ago just cuz it was pretty. I finally decided what I wanted to do with it, but needed 7 yards. I found and bought 3 yards on a site called BluJay, 1 1/2 yards on Esty, and 3/4 of a yard on eBay.

    Now, my new minimum "Cuz it's pretty" cut is 4 yards.
    Why not 7? :lol: :lol:
    Cuz [1] I am cheap, and [2] most quilts have 3 to 4 colors/fabrics in them. So the chances of needing more than 4 yards is fairly slim.
    This one pattern "Chained 9 Patch" that I fell in love with and decided it MUST have this one color as the background, is mostly 2 colors, and I'm not doing the paper piecing it suggests. I found another way, and already tried it out on a quilted carrying case for my cutting board. Pictures later. Way later.
    Sounds like a neat pattern. I usually buy only 3 years of something I love. For my blenders and fillers, I buy 1-2 yards, depending on how often I use that color.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Little RoO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    England. UK
    Posts
    402
    My dilemma......
    I like to buy online as it really saves me money, especially if I am buying from the USA as it is so much cheaper than buying in the UK even with postage. Also it is so much easier for a lot of people who can't just pop to a local store....however I would be truly mortified if my local quilt shops closed down and I was unable to go and see and feel the fabric.
    What I would like to see is all shops offering an online and physical shop but this maybe too expensive for a lot of little shops....however if it was a choice between just buying on line or going to my local quilt shop....there would be no competition....Local Quilt Shop it is

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.