Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cordless iron question >

Cordless iron question

Cordless iron question

Old 12-04-2014, 04:12 PM

Default Cordless iron question

My husband would like to get me a cordless iron for Christmas. I am looking at a Panasonic L705R model. Does anyone have this, and would you recommend it? How hard is it to get used to a cordless iron?
Would it take up a lot of room on my ironing board?

I just watched a video on it, and it didn't look too big, but I'd sure like to hear from someone who has this model.

Or....recommend a different one?

Thanks,
Dina
Old 12-04-2014, 04:19 PM

I love mine!!! I press my block and put it back on the charger, I keep mine on med as I find high scorches fabric. For ironing yardage I use a different non steam iron. I think y ou will love the Panasonic.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

I know that my friend has one who is a member of this board. I will send her a message and see if she can answer your question. She just loves her Panasonic cordless iron.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

I have a cordless somewhere but it felt too big so i quit using it. Not sure of brand though.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I know that my friend has one who is a member of this board. I will send her a message and see if she can answer your question. She just loves her Panasonic cordless iron.
Thanks, I appreciate it.\\
Dina
Old 12-04-2014, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Maniac is right, I really like my Panasonic cordless. It is wonderful not having to have that annoying cord getting in the way, and I like that it is pointed on both ends. I think you will be happy with it. It does not take up any more room and I often keep it right by my sewing machine and use my small pressing pad so I always have it handy.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=feffertim;6995343]Maniac is right, I really like my Panasonic cordless. It is wonderful not having to have that annoying cord getting in the way, and I like that it is pointed on both ends. I think you will be happy with it. It does not take up any more room and I often keep it right by my sewing machine and use my small pressing pad so I always have it handy.

Thank you for your recommendation. I am going to see if I can find one to see how it feels in my hand.

Dina
Old 12-04-2014, 10:26 PM

I also have this iron and LOVE it. My ironing board has a side shelf for the iron, and the base fits nicely on that, so I have no issues with it taking up space on the board. Our ancestors had cordless irons, but they had to heat them on the stove or in the fire. These are a big improvement. LOL
Old 12-05-2014, 06:31 AM

That's the exact model I have, I've had mine about 2 years now and I LOVE it! I don't ever want to go back to corded irons.

Mine lives on a little cart that rolls under my table. When the iron is being stored I have a silicone pad I put the iron itself on - partially just so the cart will fit under my table but I like it as a safety measure as well. The iron only completes a circuit with the iron on the heating base, so if I store it off the base there is NO way it can short out or somehow be switched back on.

The auto shut off resets each time you pick up the iron, so if you're actively using it, it will never shut off on you. But if you do forget and walk off, it will eventually turn itself off.

The water tank is detachable, so you can easily fill it up while the iron is sitting there heating up.

It does sputter a little bit when I'm using steam, but only right when I set it onto the cradle. Other than that it's got great steam and doesn't leak or dump lots of water onto the fabric. (You can turn steam off, too.)

The carrying case is heat-resistant; so if you take it somewhere you can just clamp the lid on, retract the cord and you're ready to go, even if the iron is still hot.

All in all I think it's great. If mine broke, I would definitely order another one just like it. I hope they never stop making them!
Old 12-05-2014, 11:22 AM

Thanks, ladies. You have been very helpful. I think I will go for it.

Dina