Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A Day of Worry

A Day of Worry

I entered my "Lucky Stars" quilt in the High Plains Quilt Festival held in Portales, NM, in hopes of getting a valuable critique. (See my original post when the quilt was finished awhile back: Lucky Stars Completed).

The show arranged pick-up and delivery of quilts from various guilds and quilting groups in our region. When my friend from our guild who was our liaison received the quilts for our guild, she checked them off against her records and discovered mine was missing. Quickly I received a call from one of the organizers of the show apologizing and telling me that they were in the process of connecting with all of the delivery locations to see if my quilt could be found.

I wasn't too worried, because I trust the show organizers and I also know the character of the people in west Texas and eastern NM -- if the quilt had gotten into someone else's hands, it would find its way back to me. The call I received a few days later came from the show organizer again -- they had located the quilt in Dimmit, TX, where it had been put in with that group's quilts. That evening a call came from the lady in Dimmit saying she would get it to me the next time she was in Lubbock.

What a relief! I am so happy to know that it is safe. I am told that it has received a "Merchant's Award", so I am anxious to see what that is all about. That show is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce, and the merchants in town generously support it.

All's well that ends well!

Dayle

Happy you found it! And congrats on the merchants award. Will be interesting to find out what that is.

So glad you found it!!! Very distressing, I'm sure....
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

So glad it was found so quickly. I was born in Lubbock and lived in Portales in grades 1-4. My grandmother lived in Levelland. Haven't been back in that area in a very long time.

So glad it's found and on its way home.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Sew glad your quilt is safe and sound and eventually will be back in your hands.
    Linda

Congrats on winning the award! And glad your quilt is headed home.

Alison

Congratulations! It's a beautiful quilt!!!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

So glad your quilt was found. Congratulations on your award.

Oh My, I am so glad they found your quilt. It is wonderful you got an award. Let us know about it Please!
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast