Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12

Thread: Do you buy quilt kits??

I bought a kit once and it was a couple of years before I got around to getting ready to cut it. One of the fabrics is missing and now I have to search and search to replace it with something close

Blog Entries
    I normally like to pick out my own fabric. But, when I see a kit that I absolutely love, I'll buy it. I have only have bought three kits. When I do buy a kit, I also try to purchase extra yardage to increase the size as I tend to make oversized quilts,.
    The Quilting Bear

I can't afford to buy kits and almost never buy patterns. I like figuring out things on my own and designing my own quilts. Give me a stack of graph paper, some colored pencils and an eraser, and I'm a happy camper!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Quilt kits

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    I only bought a quilt kit once it was my very first quilt. That was over 33 yrs ago. I am always afraid that I will somehow be short in one or more of the fabrics so I shy away from them. Some are just too expensive too.
    If you do buy a kit make sure that you check to see that all the fabric is there, Especially if you are not going to make it immediately. Had 2 incidents where I was short on the fabric.Glad that I checked,
    Toodie

I have bought the odd quilt kit, but have never made one as directed. Mostly I buy clearance kits when I see one with fabrics I love--they go in my stash.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    ...I also don't do mystery quilts (why spend all that time making a quilt you might not like?).
    I have done a couple of mystery quilts with my guild. I thought it was really fun going through the process and seeing each step bring another clue to the "mystery". I picked fabrics I really loved and figured I couldn't go too wrong. The last one I did my hubby liked so much it's going on our bed when I get around to quilting it. But I guess there's always the possibility you might not like it.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12