Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you ever look at your clothes and think 'FABRIC', as in stash enhancing?

I was looking at some of my clothes the other day thinking I need to get the scissors after them!

Those Dr. Seuss flannel pj's that I don't wear, for example........

:?

I have done it!! I even bought a few really big mens shirts at a thrift store and took them apart to use.I say if you don't wear it and you can use it in your quilting...go for it!!

Ditter

All the time. Well, usually it's "I have fabric that matches that"

I used to think I would use some of my husband's old cowboy shirts in a quilt, but now I am glad I got rid of them because I don't want him finding them again and thinking he could still get some life out of them!

I have put clothes that I no longer wear in my stash and I've purchased clothes from thrift stores because I liked the fabric. Our thrift store sell a brown grocery bag of clothes for $3, that can be a lot of fabric

Quote Originally Posted by Ditter43
    I have done it!! I even bought a few really big mens shirts at a thrift store and took them apart to use.I say if you don't wear it and you can use it in your quilting...go for it!!

Ditter
    I too look at mens shirts.

My sister passed away in July, and today I was clearing out her closet. I was thinking fabric and buttons with each piece I bagged for the Salvation Army. The only thing that kept me from getting my scissors out was that most still had tags on them. :(

Actually I just made a quilt out of old jeans. My dad requested a quilt made out of old jeans so I did it for him. I mixed the denim with bright batiks. It turned out pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by vicki75
    Actually I just made a quilt out of old jeans. My dad requested a quilt made out of old jeans so I did it for him. I mixed the denim with bright batiks. It turned out pretty cool.

That sounds really cool! Can you post a pic? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
    My sister passed away in July, and today I was clearing out her closet. I was thinking fabric and buttons with each piece I bagged for the Salvation Army. The only thing that kept me from getting my scissors out was that most still had tags on them. :(
    I'm so very sorry for your loss :-( Cleaning out the closet must have been a difficult job.

Today I was at the dentist and the hygienist was wearing a shirt (you know the kind of shirt that nurses wear now-a-days with all of the cute "I Spy" patterns) and when I saw it I immediately thought "Wow! I love that fabric for my "I Spy quilts!!" :-D

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast